THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:07pm   #1
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all
Default SNG Player Giving Cash Games a Shot...

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice.

I've built a bankroll from SNGs, I now have around $600 and am playing the $10 SNGs on Full Tilt after starting in the $2 SNGs a few months ago.

My username is MTMAK47 on Full Tilt if you wanna Sharkscope me, I have around a 20% ROI in the $5 and below level after 1000 SNGs but have only just switched to the 10s and they seem just as easy (many fish), played about 100 of those.

Now I wanna start playing cash games and was wondering what level would be best to start out at, I'm only playing on Tilt and don't wanna move sites just yet. I am rolled for 25NL but was wondering if it would be best starting out at 10NL or even 5NL? I have heard that FT rake 10 and 5NL like crazy so maybe I would be best starting at 25NL?

I'm still going to be playing STTs but I want to improve my deep stack and post flop play before moving up to the $20 SNGs, I think my late game SNG strategy is pretty solid. I just wanna get some cash game experience in...

What do you guys think? Do you think I should just dive in at the deep end and start at 25NL or play some 10NL to get some experience even though the rake is sick. Bearing in mind my BR could drop 8 $25 buy ins and I'd still have a decent BR to play the $10 SNGs and would obviously drop back down to the 5s if it gets any worse.

Tips please .

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 25, 2010, 6:46pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

start at the bottom and work your way up. 25nl players are pretty bad, but the games are very different and you will meet some decent grinders there. plus, mediocre breakeven players will have an advantage on you while you're adjusting to the action heavy game. i'd say set aside $100 of your bankroll to play ring games with, and hold $500 back to play the game you're experienced at. $100 gives you 20 buyins to 5nl, if you find that game soft, move up to 10nl when you have $200, and up to 25nl when you have $500. drop down any time you lose half your roll or think you're getting outplayed.

Kc
Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:26am   #3
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Thanks Kc, played 500 hands at 5NL tonight, shall play a few thousand hands and see how it goes then jump up to 10NL.