THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:24pm   #1
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice
Default Fulltilt: NL50 regfest?

Hey guys,

last week I've played NL50 cashgames and noticed a strange thing, it wasn't like this several months ago.

Mostly there are tons of regs waiting huge queues to sit, it's normal to see a bunch of tables with 10-12 people waiting, several with 6-8 in a waitlist, and all other tables with 3-6 people waiting... and they are mostly regs, winning or breakeven.

I don't see this crap at higher or lower stakes, and as I said it was not like this several months ago.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 28, 2010, 4:24pm   #2
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

Yeah, 50NL is a pinch point that many regs struggle to get past. The standard strategy which they used at lower levels doesn't work as well since the shark/fish ratio is different at 50nl than at say 10nl. People don't adapt and you end up with a whole bunch of bad regs sitting around, waiting to cooler each other.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 4:40pm   #3
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

I mean, half a year ago I didn't see a waiting list of 6 and more people, and now 12 regs in a queue is normal
Old Oct 28, 2010, 7:54pm   #4
4Kings
Brunson

4Kings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbilo View Post
Yeah, 50NL is a pinch point that many regs struggle to get past. The standard strategy which they used at lower levels doesn't work as well since the shark/fish ratio is different at 50nl than at say 10nl. People don't adapt and you end up with a whole bunch of bad regs sitting around, waiting to cooler each other.
i agree
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:06pm   #5
DirtySanchez80
Professional

DirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez80

step up to them nits and crush em

nah srsly.. i think 50nl is a level where a lot of ppl get stuck.. because they just know how to play vs fish. But they still suck when it comes to play vs other TagRegs. Most of the ppl will never move up cause they're so focused on 16tabling for RB and some fishmoney. And of course the playerpool dried up as well.. cause the french, spains, italians etc have regulated their pokerbiz.

DirtySanchez80 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:37am   #6
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez80 View Post
And of course the playerpool dried up as well.. cause the french, spains, italians etc have regulated their pokerbiz.
I had a feeling smth like this is the big case
Old Nov 10, 2010, 2:23pm   #7
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by podbelski View Post
Hey guys,

last week I've played NL50 cashgames and noticed a strange thing, it wasn't like this several months ago.

Mostly there are tons of regs waiting huge queues to sit, it's normal to see a bunch of tables with 10-12 people waiting, several with 6-8 in a waitlist, and all other tables with 3-6 people waiting... and they are mostly regs, winning or breakeven.

I don't see this crap at higher or lower stakes, and as I said it was not like this several months ago.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?
The waiting lists are long because when you try to add yourself to one, you get asked if you want the first availabe seat at "this type of table" or "this table" and I think most people pick the first option. (It's the default option). So most people are added to all waiting lists. Of course the people at Full Tilt weren't smart enough to simply start a new table and fill it with 6 players from the waiting lists. Instead, someone has to sit at an empty table, and a second person has to choose to join him. Then the rest of the seats fill up instantly and automatically.

Not sure when they introduced this feature. Six months ago maybe? You mention "several months ago", and it could be that you're talking about the time before this feature. Anyway, the games are a total "regfest" at higher stakes too. I've been playing NL200 lately, and there are usually 5 regs on every 6-max table.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 3:52pm   #8
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

OMG a brilliant suggestion :-)
this is definitely the case