THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:27am   #21
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
If you can grind 1/2 and win at a nice winrate playing mass tables that is pretty balla imo
I guess we could PM him, don't see why he wouldn't answer...

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:01pm   #22
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid hustlr View Post
Is that list just 1/2 ?? Pretty big wake up call as to how much tougher the games are.

Also I'd be surprised if that was 'our' twogun. Just feel like hes too baller to grind out 1/2.

I would be surprised if two gun could beat 1/2 nl.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:01pm   #23
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
I would be surprised if two gun could beat 1/2 nl.
my thoughts exactly.

by 'baller' i meant too rich/arrogant/etc to play 1/2nl.

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:37pm   #24
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Sorry I missed this post before now.

I cannot offer you much advice on how to re-analyze your PTR datum for an accurate fix all for your percieved leak that would shift your red line.

Don't get snow blind reading statistics out of a hand analyzer.

Been there done that. I had a question. Without looking in PTR what do you think are the single best attributes of your game? What are your weaknesses? I am curious.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:11pm   #25
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

I really don't know anymore. I've been losing every session the last few days, so right now I feel like I don't understand anything, not even stuff that's supposed to be simple, like when to continuation bet. My biggest weakness is probably that it's so hard for me to bring my A-game, but I can't even be sure of that anymore, because I get shit results even when I do.

I think it was a mistake to ask what to do about the red line, since that line represents the results of 97.5% of all hands played. That question can't really be answered by anything other than "play better".

This is unbelievably frustrating. I'm going to take the day off tomorrow. Then I'm not sure what I'll do.

Last edited by Fredrik; Nov 20, 2010 at 6:34pm.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:09pm   #26
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I have some early suggestions to get things moving in the right direction for you Fredrik.

emotionally a win is a win no matter how big or small. instead of a day off, go get yourself a win at a smaller stakes game. don't approach it as meaningless, or underestimate your opponents because your at a lower level. Play to your utmost ability, which is proven to be very high. Be yourself! Breaking even at your stakes requires a very high degree of skill.

You are a very capable player who can, with restored confidence be a long term profitable grinder.

Think about your thought processes when you get back to your regular game. Don't be results oriented (which seems to be a theme) and look at your decision making. Post back here with places you made great decisions, regardless of results. Build your confidence!!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:07pm   #27
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

you may need a break. a proper break. by which i mean, a job. something to pay the rent for a couple of months and then come back to the game fresh.

i have no idea what the red line is, nor do i care to find out. people are generally too concerned with their stats these days. their play becomes all about outputing the correct values for all of these secondary stats rather than simply winning money.

finally, if books, videos and other training resources are doing nothing for you, you need to quit poker. if there was nothing left for you to learn in those resources you wouldn't be here asking these questions. you are, therefore you must lack the capacity to learn, in which case this game is going to eat you. yes this is rather harsh, it is also accurate.

i don't believe that you genuinely think you are so awesome that you have nothing left to learn, so logically there is some kind of block in place and the best treatment for that block, and the stagnation in your play and winrate is hiatus. do something else to eat, come back to poker when you want to play rather than have to play.

Kc
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:46am   #28
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post

Here's my actual question: Is there a strategy I can use to find out what I'm doing wrong? 7
postflop play. youre experienced enough to not have any big preflop leaks. you just suck postflop. but that's natural in todays games, you cant be a big winner unless you are ahead of almost everyone else.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:50am   #29
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Well, this month is ending horribly. The last 10 days, all my sessions have been losing or breakeven. I dropped 19 buy-ins from the peak, and I'm now at -1400 for the month. I can't say I've been playing great (it's still really hard for me to both play my A-game and play enough hands), but I certainly haven't played as bad as my results are suggesting. The bonus I've cleared this month and my rakeback should put me around breakeven for the month. That still means I have to start digging into my savings (which consist of winnings from when it was easy to win). I'll have to empty my poker accounts to pay the bills this month.

I still haven't given up though. I'm going to redeposit 5K or so, and use another 10K of my savings for expenses. It should cover a few months. If I can't improve my results by the time that money is gone, I'm pretty sure I'll just quit. I could redeposit more, but I don't think I'll want to (or that it would be a good idea without another source of income).

It's somewhat comforting to see that other people seem to have had similar problems, and solved them. For example, this guy was the biggest winner at 3/6 in 2007, and he was breaking even for a year:

This is an example of someone I think is a good player who appears to be having problems with the games I play. PTR has him on 130K hands of 1/2 NL 6-max, and a 1.7K profit, but he was only up about 600 yesterday. (Some of those hands may have been played a long time ago, so it's possible that his recent results are better, or worse).

Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:15pm   #30
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbleboy
postflop play. youre experienced enough to not have any big preflop leaks. you just suck postflop. but that's natural in todays games, you cant be a big winner unless you are ahead of almost everyone else.
Frederik you're in a situation where you're playing desperate poker, desperate poker is almost always losing/break even poker. You either need to get out now as Killcrazy suggested or play in a way that you can build your roll playing break even poker.

Options:

1. Play short stacked and massively multi-table to maximize your rakeback and eliminate the edge that other regs have over you post flop.

2. Get off full tilt and move to medium sized rooms. Advantages of this: these poker rooms generally have worse players; many are not supported by tracking software e.g. poker tracker; they generally have higher rakeback and it's possible to get off the books special offers from affiliates (up to 50% rakeback); plus they often don't deduct deposit and reload bonuses from rakeback. Bonuswhore like mad.

3. Move down a level.

4. Play only brick and mortar for much softer games.

5. Start seriously bum hunting and playing shorter sessions. Psychologically it looks like the longer you're playing the more depressed and irrationally you're playing, plus you're allowing regs to get solid reads on your play and adjust to it to exploit you. Just leave any table where you're breaking even and don't leave a table where you're winning.

None of these may be attractive to you; it's obvious that you're playing desperate poker, so you need a radical change until you recover from this desperation and no longer are tilting.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote