THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:46am   #1
geometry
Brunson

geometry
Default Dead Draw

Obviously I would not play 59s normally, but it was dealt to me in BB. What do you guys think?

Seat 1: KardOkee 63 ($47.50)
Seat 2: Richie D Juice ($7.50)
Seat 3: Hero ($48.50)
Seat 4: Chinese_Torture ($34)
Seat 5: pupulikka ($31.25)
Seat 6: JBULL123 ($29.25)
Seat 7: CharlieHustle14 ($75.25), is sitting out
Seat 8: A THIRD EYE A ($9)
Seat 9: OlNK ($25.75)
Richie D Juice posts the small blind of $0.50
Hero posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [5s 9s]
Chinese_Torture calls $1
pupulikka folds
JBULL123 calls $1
A THIRD EYE A folds
OlNK calls $1
KardOkee 63 calls $1
Richie D Juice calls $0.50
Hero checks
*** FLOP *** [2s Tc 3s]
Richie D Juice checks
Hero checks
Chinese_Torture checks
JBULL123 bets $1
OlNK raises to $2
KardOkee 63 calls $2
Richie D Juice folds
Hero calls $2
Chinese_Torture folds
JBULL123 calls $1
*** TURN *** [2s Tc 3s] [Ts]
Hero checks
JBULL123 checks
OlNK bets $2
KardOkee 63 calls $2
Hero raises to $4
JBULL123 raises to $6
OlNK has 15 seconds left to act
OlNK has requested TIME
Richie D Juice adds $10
OlNK calls $4
KardOkee 63 folds
Hero calls $2
*** RIVER *** [2s Tc 3s Ts] [Ks]
Hero checks
JBULL123 bets $2
OlNK raises to $4
Hero folds
JBULL123 calls $2
geometry est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 20, 2010, 2:57am   #2
geometry
Brunson

geometry

no takers?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:40am   #3
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

try posting your thoughts with the HH, people will be more likely to respond. any information you have about the players involved also helps.

you got great odds to draw but at no point would i be excited. i don't think i would be raising the turn tbh, but 1/2 players are so bad and consistently overvalue their hands that there might be value there.

Kc
Old Mar 05, 2010, 1:27am   #4
geometry
Brunson

geometry

I don't know much about the players.

I had great odds and I flopped the draw. I hit on the turn and was worried since I did not have the nut flush. I wanted to chase any potential drawers out in case a forth spade hit, which it did. And when there was action on the river. I folded.

Now, obviously my question on the river was whether I should fold. Given the action I have seen, I felt the need to.

I put at least one of the guys with a bigger spade than me. I am wondering what you guys's read are on them based on this hand.

Thanks.
Old Mar 05, 2010, 4:02am   #5
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geometry View Post
I had great odds and I flopped the draw. I hit on the turn and was worried since I did not have the nut flush.
5th nut flush, with a paired board, and plenty of action. good reasons not to get too excited, your spot is likely profitable, but it's by no means disco time.

Quote:
I wanted to chase any potential drawers out in case a forth spade hit
not going to happen, there are very few hands that get past the flop than are a danger to you who are prepared to fold on the turn

Quote:
which it did. And when there was action on the river. I folded.
good fold.

Quote:
I put at least one of the guys with a bigger spade than me. I am wondering what you guys's read are on them based on this hand.
you can't get a player read from one hang history, but we can say what's most likely given the action. jbull's most likely holdings are; TX and can't let go of his trips, or he could also have Js/Qs as his kicker. oink had a decision on the turn, so he was either deliberating between call/fold and raise/call, he then raised the river, so he either got there or was already there, which means he either has the nut flush or a boat.

either of these players could well be spanners, however

Kc
Old Jan 23, 2011, 9:13am   #6
Stalker51
River Rat

Stalker51 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geometry View Post
I don't know much about the players.

I had great odds and I flopped the draw. I hit on the turn and was worried since I did not have the nut flush. I wanted to chase any potential drawers out in case a forth spade hit, which it did. And when there was action on the river. I folded.

Now, obviously my question on the river was whether I should fold. Given the action I have seen, I felt the need to.

Thanks.
i think you made a good move
Stalker51 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote