THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:57pm   #11
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I'm very tempted to call it off since our hand is so underrepped but honestly i've never played 2/4 rush or NLHE full ring online so my field reads are pretty weak when lacking info. I'm imagining he's going to raise KK on the turn if he flats the flop raise? It just seems so unlikely that he's calling the flop raise with QdTd or Qd9d and none of the rest should be in his range, do people peel wide to flop raises in 2/4 rush with those hands all that much?

Seems like a bad spot for him to bluff unless he thinks we're folding a set or KT since so much of our range is 66/KT

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 18, 2010, 7:10pm   #12
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
It just seems so unlikely that he's calling the flop raise with QdTd or Qd9d and none of the rest should be in his range, do people peel wide to flop raises in 2/4 rush with those hands all that much?
Swoop you are playing tourneys too much I guess With such a huge stacks the villain can chase a draw easily, plus hero might definitely bluff the flop to give up later.

His river raise range is not an uncredible, just very narrow and w/o bluffs...
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:06am   #13
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

If he thinks hero is folding a set then isnt it the easiest spot in the world to bluff?

I agree that we don't beat his value raising range (KK just wouldnt make sense at this stage) it's just such a narrow value raise. I mean, sure, if he's incapable of bluffing we just fold because it's the river and we don't have the nuts but shouldn't most players be capable of it at these stakes? What makes it so weird is that we have the nut blocker.

Anyway, in MTTs we're rarely 200+bb deep (except deep in the miniftops 2day event where I managed to get set over setted twice near the bubble today /sigh) so my experience in these situations is limited. Also, I find that MTT players try to win every pot a lot harder than cash players, although I have very little cash experience above 200NL online in NLHE.

Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:27am   #14
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

My understanding is he can't just call the flop with nothing, saying "ok I'll float him to the river which will be likely a scare card so I'll shove".

What hands do you think he could be calling twice and then turn them into a bluff like that?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:59pm   #15
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

imo, this is a valuebet almost always unless villain is a donkey.

Kc
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:00pm   #16
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podbelski View Post
What hands do you think he could be calling twice and then turn them into a bluff like that?
QT.

Kc
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:10pm   #17
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
QT.

Kc
QcTc I guess... sick bluff nice for him it worked
Old Dec 20, 2010, 5:28am   #18
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

why cant he have Xd or Xd

tons of flushes for him. you could rejam 500bb more but this short easy fold.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:18pm   #19
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
easy fold.

+1 seems easy

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:42am   #20
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Fuck cash games, srsly

Shouldn't he be bluff shoving every single hand in his range if we're folding the top of ours (including a hand containing the Ad) in theory?