THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 23, 2010, 4:54pm   #1
DirtySanchez80
Professional

DirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez80
Default KK @ FR Rush

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
9 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
Hero ($718.60)
BTN ($502.50)
SB ($1,818.20)
BB ($142)

Pre-Flop: ($6, 9 players) Hero is UTG
Hero raises to $14, 6 folds, SB raises to $144, 1 fold, $130 to Hero ($704.6)?

That was a funky spot i thought. I dont play FR and just wanted to try some Rush. But i know Villain from old nl200 times.. BamYeah.. grinding sh 1/2 4ever.

We had a spot where i isoraised 2limpers.. a regfish overcalled and he 3bets.. i min4bet and he foldet (~150bb deep).

For the raisesize. i think its a levelspot but i'm pretty sure that its no misclick. I think multigrinders like he is will use some kind of SW and wont make misclicks like anymore.

What do u think about the move and what would u do?

DirtySanchez80 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 23, 2010, 5:33pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

this is one of those hands that nobody else can comment on. it's all about your history together.

in a vacuum, obviously, my money is going in over a couple of streets.

Kc
Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:45pm   #3
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Probably a lot more likely he thinks he is being a genius with a fake misclick then actually misclicking. And I really doubt he is doing it for value with QQ.

Your not even losing anything here to that size if you fold everything but AA (assuming a normal UTG range).

While your folding be sure to laugh at him for losing out on so much value in the most standard cooler spot in poker.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:09pm   #4
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

What do you think he is thinking?

a) Lets make this massively retarded overbet preflop against a UTG so he has to fold KK,QQ and AK everytime and I ship the 14 bucks.

or

b) Lets make a massive overbet thats looks like a possible misclick because this guy seems play happy and wont be able to fold.

Probably b) by a longshot.

So the only way you should continue is if he you think he would do this value with worse. So I think it is a easy fold unless you have a very spewy image and have been opening a lot wider in EP then what is generally standard.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 8:52pm   #5
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

completely agree with joey, but Im not folding KK

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:50am   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
completely agree with joey, but Im not folding KK
This, I guess.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:11am   #7
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

I think its probably tougher for op than it would be for me

I play really nitty in EP FR (like 7% opening) since he mostly plays six max he probably doesnt fold AJo and 66 like I do and might get played back at with QQ or AK for value
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:40pm   #8
DirtySanchez80
Professional

DirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez80

i even fold aqo utg.. but opening any pp which might be a leak @ fr.. i dunno
i just see everyone setmining and playing pretty scared with 1pair
also no villain has a samplesize on me

i couldnt fold either..

DirtySanchez80 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:58am   #9
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez80 View Post
i even fold aqo utg.. but opening any pp which might be a leak @ fr.. i dunno
i just see everyone setmining and playing pretty scared with 1pair
also no villain has a samplesize on me

i couldnt fold either..
That pretty must sums up fullring...

I think a lot of the time opening the small pairs from EP is a leak.

So often when you get flatted you will be up againt a medium or even big pair and the equity disadvantage is pretty huge to overcome even with the stronger parts of your range and the initative since I dont like barreling with two outs. And the sad part about FR is you do make BTN set and get raised its not even a super happy spot (not saying im folding buts its usually not a slamdunk).

I like to keep my range very strong in EP and play Tag with a capital AG firing the barrels often with the suited broadways and the best medium SC which are in my range and have usually have decent equity.

Also if I see people opening small pairs in EP I give them a note and it makes me far more likely to 3bet them light. I find most people just see that I don't 3bet EP opens that often and fail to realize that im actually going to 3bet their open a lot more than my overall stat says.

Obviously if after a quick table scan I see some passive fish I will play more hands in EP including small pairs
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:51am   #10
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

joey, this might be an off-top question, but anyways do you prefer FR to 6max or the opposite and why? Or maybe you just play both depending on the mood or table selection opportunities?
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote