THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Feb 07, 2011, 12:47pm   #1
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Live hand flopped top two while BB

$200 max 1-2 live game. Villain 1 is pretty drunk, plays most hands, very loose, bluffs a lot, etc. Villain 2 seems competent fairly TAG from the little I've seen. I was only at the table about 30 minutes or so.

I'm sitting on ~$180 in the BB and dealt 9T offsuit. 4 limpers including the villains, I limp. Pot is ~$10. Flop comes T96. I bet $10, Villain 1 raises to $30 (this is standard for him if he has top pair through trips) Villain 2 calls without much hesitation. It's folded to me.

I decide to call. If villain 2 had folded to me, I would have just pushed all in, and drunk guy would have called with something like TK. I'm kind of worried about Villain 2, I put him on 87, trips, AT, QJ, J8 maybe (he was late position) I know I'm leaving some hands off.
Turn is an Ace. I end up checking to the raiser. He pushes all in for about $95. Villain two pauses a minute and decides to call. Villain 2 has me covered by about $150. His smooth call made me worry. He seems strong. I think had he pushed, he would have wanted me out of the hand, instead he seems to be pricing me in.
Do I push or fold here? I'm not worried about villain 1, it's villain 2 who I get the feeling from that he's really strong.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 07, 2011, 1:33pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I'm kind of worried about Villain 2, I put him on 87, trips, AT, QJ, J8 maybe (he was late position) I know I'm leaving some hands off.
is he really limping with TT, 99, 66, AT?

turn sucks, but it wouldn't be a problem for me because i'd be reraising the flop.

Kc
Old Feb 07, 2011, 3:51pm   #3
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

How about asking him "what do you have? cmon, talk to me :-)"
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2011, 12:23pm   #4
darryl

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of

I did, he didn't say anything to make me think one thing or another. He didn't say anything in fact.
I would have reraised the flop except for Villain 2 had me a bit worried. I suppose I could have "to see where I am" LOL

-d
Old Feb 08, 2011, 1:23pm   #5
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I did, he didn't say anything to make me think one thing or another. He didn't say anything in fact.
I would have reraised the flop except for Villain 2 had me a bit worried. I suppose I could have "to see where I am" LOL

-d

worried? wtf am i missing somthing? reraise flop call shove call if they both shove call if a player grabs his hand out of the muck and reshoves.

As played IDK seems like you can fold if you really feel like he is strong and have an air tight read. I am not folding here after just playing with a guy for 30 min not long enough to get a read I need to fold this. So shove.........

Its 1/2 bad luck if you lost but get it in and rebuy if it doesnt work out.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2011, 3:36pm   #6
sully
Grinder

sully is a splendid one to beholdsully is a splendid one to beholdsully is a splendid one to beholdsully is a splendid one to beholdsully is a splendid one to beholdsully is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sully

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
is he really limping with TT, 99, 66, AT?

turn sucks, but it wouldn't be a problem for me because i'd be reraising the flop.

Kc

1/2 live guys limp everything. AA, KK, JJ etc.. then when they lose to the bb who had 39o they cry around.
sully est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2011, 5:33pm   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so what changes on the turn? are you just going to surrender with top two because someone called? okay so he coldcalled a raise in an unraised pot but fucks sake, you have top two, on a T9 flop.

his drawing hands, which you are obviously a favourite over, are significantly more likely to come with you on the flop than they are on a brick turn. give him a chance to overvalue straight draws with overs. if he's made he's made, but he isn't made that much. even if his range is exactly JJ TT 99 66 T9 87, you have like 31% equity. throw in 88 77 AT KT QT JT T8 T7s KQ KJ QJ and you're a 2:1 favourite. if you shove, V2 is going to call with enough shit you beat to make you profitable even without V1 sweetening the pot which he will do much of the time.

Kc
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:04pm   #8
acehole_76

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

how did this hand turn out?

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:37pm   #9
darryl

I talked myself into folding. I was convinced of my read on villain 2.

River was a brick. Villain 1 had T6 which is about where I put him. Villain 2 shocked me by having A7 of all things. He was either convinced villain 1 was full of crap and his A high was good on the flop, or I misread his abilities in the short time I was there.

Anyway, I'm too nitty a lot of times.

-d
Old Feb 09, 2011, 4:45pm   #10
acehole_76

Quote:
I talked myself into folding

I was convinced of my read on villain 2.

River was a brick. Villain 1 had T6 which is about where I put him. Villain 2 shocked me by having A7 of all things. He was either convinced villain 1 was full of crap and his A high was good on the flop, or I misread his abilities in the short time I was there.

Anyway, I'm too nitty a lot of times.

-d

Congratz........you have put me on tilt

Kc