THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Mar 05, 2011, 6:31am   #1
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Poker+Karma+Slot Machine

So here goes my day. Having a wicked month in business, just cashed two massive cheques for what would normally amount to an average years income for many people. Feeling great about life, head out to my friday night $50nl game. At 1am I am sitting on almost $1k ($940 to be precise).

I have been doing shots of Gibsons estate whiskey all night with who ever is brave enough to come along for the ride. 1am the table breaks, mostly due to me running hotter than the sun.

We head down to the bank machine, my buddy drives and three of us hit the atm, two to get funds to cover, and me to make a deposit. I keep $100 back and we hit the pub right next door for an hour of shenagins and some snooker before I head home.

A fellow I know is there when we get in and I buy a round for my friends and him and innocently ask how he is doing. He is clearly in his cups pretty deep and tells me he is $400 into the slots and finishing his drink and going home. I have known this guy for better than 20 years and spot him a $20 and say give'r one more whirl on me, maybe you can break even.

He proceeds to take that last $20 and the beer I bought him and pretty much turn it into $600 in 15 minutes. I am waiting my turn to play the winner of the snooker match and he staggers over and insists that i come over to the slot machines with him. Lo and behold he has loaded up the slot $40, hands me the $20 I gave him and says good luck man, thanks. I am quitting $500 up and a cab ride. Groovy. I hit the max bet button thinking wtf I am already up almost a grand today. First spin in, I hit the max pay for $500, and then proceed to go on an ungodly run and cash out close to $1,000.

What a fucked up day!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 05, 2011, 7:25am   #2
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

I always like Len's stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:26am   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Ironlen: The Anti-TWLLM

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:10pm   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Ironlen: The Anti-TWLLM
Yeah, because he's funny and people like him.

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:38pm   #5
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I like you TWLLM. You are forever a good man in my books for that karma in 2009.

Also, fwiw I was so hung over this morning. I don't usually think about my age but it became abundantly clear to me at 8am this morning that I am not a 25 year old man who can drink all night any more.

Last but not least, I am wondering at how I managed to make such a neat tidy post last night. My drunk posts are usually pretty badly garbled up.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 8:15am   #6
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLen1972 View Post
I like you TWLLM. You are forever a good man in my books for that karma in 2009.

Also, fwiw I was so hung over this morning. I don't usually think about my age but it became abundantly clear to me at 8am this morning that I am not a 25 year old man who can drink all night any more.

Last but not least, I am wondering at how I managed to make such a neat tidy post last night. My drunk posts are usually pretty badly garbled up.
(1) Ty. Not many people on here remember me for my good qualities (so few may they be). Most remember me for my faults (as many as they are). Out of just about everyone on here, along with the likes of ggnh, ssta, mrblonde and Mikked (and even swoop every now and then) you're definitely one of my favourite posters because you have a positive attitude. This is something I clearly lack.

(2) I'm still in my (late) 20s and I have realized the same thing regarding drinking all night. FWIW I'm drunk right now. I shall pay for this tomorrow.

(3) That was pretty impressive for a drunk post. I'm a nit and I'm pretty sure my drunk post right now is sloppier than yours.

Quote:
Old Mar 06, 2011, 9:19am   #7
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

TWLLM taught me about the wonders of PLO while I was busy final tabling an ftops that included PLO

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2011, 4:32pm   #8
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Nice night Len !

And congrats on the coherent drunk post...much safer than drunk dialing an Ex
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2011, 11:16pm   #9
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

what business r u in

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2011, 3:10am   #10
IronLen1972
Degenerate

I am in real estate KH