THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:22pm   #71
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
i doubt this person exists:

board

56K78

I shove Q7 are you telling me there is a person out there that always calls with K7+ but folds always folds J7 and worse?
But the guy we are talking about has K7 and J7 and such a small part of his range at the river that it is negligible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:07pm   #72
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn View Post
But the guy we are talking about has K7 and J7 and such a small part of his range at the river that it is negligible.
you are missing the point but here:

Quote:
i doubt this person exists:

board

57K68

I shove Q7 are you telling me there is a person out there that always calls with K7+ but folds always folds J7 and worse?
better?

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:23pm   #73
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Quote:
you are missing the point but here:

better?
OK i'll bite here - what was the action up to the river - what do you have as his range - what reads do you have on his style?
Quote:
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:58pm   #74
acehole_76

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn View Post
OK i'll bite here - what was the action up to the river - what do you have as his range - what reads do you have on his style?

Ace: raises $0.04 to $0.06
Kc: calls $0.04
*** FLOP *** [6d 7h kd]
Kc: checks
Ace: bets $0.06
Kc: raises $0.20 to $0.26
Ace: calls $0.20
*** TURN *** [6d 7h kd] [5c]
Kc: bets $0.44
Ace: calls $0.44
*** RIVER *** [6d 7h kd 5c] [8h]
Kc: checks
Ace: Bets$1.25

read is he is a solid HU player who is on the tighter side of winning HU players

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:59pm   #75
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
lets simplify the game enormously, we are playing whose card is higher, there is $0 in the pot.
we have a 7...
Kc
thats all fine, and might happen. but you can't intend that.

so in game. you are on the river with a 7. you bet it? cause know he call a 6 more often than an 8? not possible.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:52am   #76
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
thats all fine, and might happen. but you can't intend that.

so in game. you are on the river with a 7. you bet it? cause know he call a 6 more often than an 8? not possible.
yeah that's what i get for changing the example midpost and not checking i hadn't spunked it up the wall. so stick some money in the pot before action starts and change the numbers round, carefully balanced so that the situation would be -EV if he either never called a 6 or never folded an 8.

Kc
Old Apr 03, 2011, 12:43pm   #77
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

ok I just a realiazation thinking about hand 1 posted here, where Hero should fold but call

there can be spots like this

our jamming range is nuts/air
villains range to call a jam is nuts/bluffcatchers

villain calls all nuts and has to call a percentage of bluffcatchers as well. In selecting which bluffcatchers to call with, the absolute hand strength is irrelevant as we have nuts or air, thus he decides to call with the ones that block our nut combos. This results in villain calling weaker hands (in absolute terms) than he folds.

Now we could potentially jam some mergers, that beat his weak (blocker-) bluffcatchers, but lose to his strong (non-blocker) bluffcatchers. Those jams would then fold out stronger hand and get called by worse hands.

That's not a stable strategy but it's certainly possible to actually do that at the table.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2011, 2:46pm   #78
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

now it's pretty enlightening
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:23am   #79
acehole_76

obama 549 is cluttering my user cp

Kc