THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:13am   #11
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Yeah you can have 1% or whatever for the rail; sort it out closer to the date though. I've sold 60, gonna keep 30 for myself and sell 1% pieces to friends/swap off the remaining 10.

Gonna be playing a decent package of side events as well probably, hopefully I can run hot and bink one.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 27, 2011, 2:28pm   #12
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
lol snapsold my 60% at 1.2 in 5 minutes with 15% on the waitlist

hmmm looks like 1.25 or more was in order

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:36pm   #13
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Yeah but on the plus side i'm now in contact with a guy willing to buy any and all action i'm willing to sell at 1.2 so my days of selling shares at 1.05-1.1 are over. 1.2's fine anyway i'll prob end up with 30% of myself for like 1500 bucks so cant complain really

Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:10am   #14
CMBurns
Excellent....

CMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond repute

You should have selled for 1.3 at least.

It is not the point that you would accept the condition it is more whether you find people accepting it. And I think 1.3 or even 1.4 gets enough action. Your 1.2 offer shows it.

If you have a car you are willing to pay at most $10k for it and someone offers you $15k. Do you say: "Naah, $15k is not the fair value. Give me just $10k". I don't think so.

So you definitely missed value.

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...0&postcount=44
================================================== =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
CMBurns hast du noch einen Termin frei, nachdem du Phill Ivey gecoached hast?
Ich will auch so eine Art Chuck Norris im Onlinepoker werden.
CMBurns est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 4:23pm   #15
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

IMO you made the right decision. I think CMBurns' post makes sense if (i) you could move your prices up/down with 'offending' the market (which I don't know if you can for staking) and (ii) you were only interested in staking as a one-time thing. This isn't used car sales.

On the other hand, you made what was maybe a bit humble offer (i.e. you didn't value yourself as highly as some others might of), but it's led to you getting in touch with someone who you may be able to reach a long-term staking arrangement with (and not just at 1.2 forever, necessarily, though that might be okay anyway if you're just looking to reduce cost/variance and don't have to do any stakeback, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:36pm   #16
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Yeah it's a no stakeback deal which increases value for me, also he wants to buy at 1.2 for any side events I want to play so it'll allow me to play a few more and lower variance a lot

Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:58pm   #17
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Yeah it's a no stakeback deal which increases value for me, also he wants to buy at 1.2 for any side events I want to play so it'll allow me to play a few more and lower variance a lot
1.2 with no stakeback over a series of events (i.e. not a one time thing) is a good deal. 1.2 is not bad on its own, but you also retain flexibility in terms of whether you want to continue the stake in future (because you don't have the stakeback albatros around your neck).

When you figure out how many events you think you'll play (even if its only an approximate total $), can I buy 1% of the lot instead of 1% of just the ME? I have to have something to cheer for when I'm writing the Bar exams and whatnot this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:25am   #18
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

This is what I have at this stage pending approval from MaxKatz

8 4-Jun NLHE 1000
17 10-Jun HORSE 1500
22 13-Jun PLO 1500
26 15-Jun NL 6max 2500
31 17-Jun PLO 3000
39 22-Jun PLHE/PLO 2500
44 25-Jun Razz 2500
48 28-Jun NLHE 1500
56 2-Jul NLHE 1500
58 7-Jul NLHE ME 10000

27500 total

I'm selling 60% to him at 1.2; you can have 1% if you like prob gonna keep 35-38 for myself and sell a few 1% to people for the rail, glockers will prob want 1 too

Don't send me any money or anything though my schedule isn't finalised yet

Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:47pm   #19
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Snapsold my second package; MaxKatz has all of my NLHE action and a group of 2+2 investors has the rest, sold it in two packages of 5 tourneys, the NLHE and the non-NLHE events. Hopefully I can bink at least one from both categories and make everyone some money. Oh, and win a bracelet. That would be nice.

8 4-Jun NLHE 1000
17 10-Jun HORSE 1500
22 13-Jun PLO 1500
26 15-Jun NL 6max 2500
31 17-Jun PLO 3000
39 22-Jun PLHE/PLO 2500
44 25-Jun Razz 2500
48 28-Jun NLHE 1500
56 2-Jul NLHE 1500
58 7-Jul NLHE ME 10000

Sold 60% of 27500 package at 1.2, so i'm putting in 7.7k myself for 40% of my action minus any tiny shares twllm/glockers decide to buy. Will prob play the Venetian PLO 500 as well if it doesnt overlap with any WSOP events and that should just about do it for live poker this year.

This is going to be a fun summer.

Also I have twitter now for live updates, SwoopAE there obviously

@Ozone i'm interested in doing a blog this summer as well as I did in '09 if PTips is doing the blogs again. Getting myself marketable for when I bink a bracelet so tilt can make me a redpro and stuff.

Interestingly, my NLHE package sold in about 2 minutes and my non-NLHE package sold out in about an hour both at 1.2 as one off deals with no makeup/stakeback etc. My stats are so pretty I really do think i'm good value at 1.2 though (lolvariance obviously, but I think I have a +40 to +100% or better roi depending which tournament it is)

Last edited by SwoopAE; Mar 29, 2011 at 5:50pm.