THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:11am   #21
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I know this guy well (wife's cousin) and suprisingly he didn't get run out of real-estate in Las Vegas after writing the book in the link below. His brother is a pro poker player so he has a soft spot for card-playing degenerates looking for good deals. If you don't find anyone else I can give you his contact info and a few names to drop to prove you are with the good guys. He has lived in Vegas for as long as I have known him so he knows all there is to know about the area.

http://www.amazon.com/Theft-Mortgage...1540424&sr=8-2
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:36am   #22
eli924
Doyle Look-alike

eli924 will become famous soon enougheli924 will become famous soon enough

weather sucks in vegas, very dry. i just came back and even though it was in the mid 70's, still super dry. and finding a job is not as easy as you think, unless you want to bus tables or work at a car wash. what line of work you looking into?

one good note though...rent is super cheap in vegas. my parents just bought a couple of nice condos (one 5 minutes away from strip, the other 15 minutes away). both were around 60-70k USD. real estate is an absolute low in vegas right now.

- phil hellmuth
eli924 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:50am   #23
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

The jobless rate in the Las Vegas area remained steady at 13.7 percent in February, the 25th consecutive month of double-digit unemployment.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:24am   #24
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Unemployment rate doesnt matter if theyre planning on playing poker to support themselves. I wouldnt want to move to vegas unless I had poker as an option though if you don't find a decent job (which is likely unless you're highly qualified or have connections or would like to work as a gay prostitute)

Ted Finkleman has been helpful recently for me and comes highly recommended his contact details are RE-TED@realestateted.com shoot him an email and he'll send you back a list of stuff in your price range that meets your criteria, ex poker dealer from the bellagio so he has a lot of experience dealing with poker players

Last edited by SwoopAE; Mar 31, 2011 at 4:27am.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:55pm   #25
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

123money321 will become famous soon enough123money321 will become famous soon enough
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Thanks a lot guys, I'll look into all the stuff you sent me. In 3 weeks I'll have my business degree and getting into banking. In vegas though next year, I'd be looking for something really simple, low stress, maybe 20-30h/week. Bank teller maybe or maybe just a cook at a restaraunt or something. Havn't thought about it too much, but wouldn't be looking for a career. Just something that can keep me going for a few months. I'm going to be going down with a lot of cash but I'd rather pick up a part time job to pay for my spending money. And use the cash as rent and car.

Last edited by 123money321; Mar 31, 2011 at 8:07pm.
123money321 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:15pm   #26
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli924 View Post
weather sucks in vegas
Are you nuts?! It's like paradise 9 months out of the year and the 3 months where it's not is only because it's really hot. There's plenty of types of weather you could complain about ahead of complaining about how hot it is.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:15pm   #27
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Yeah, it really sucks to have to leave your air conditioned house to get in your air conditioned car to go to your air conditioned job/entertainment.

TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:27pm   #28
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

123money321 will become famous soon enough123money321 will become famous soon enough

Ya whether is awesome. Thats the last thing I'd complain about there lol. Maybe if you go in July.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 1:34am   #29
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJTay89 View Post
Yeah, it really sucks to have to leave your air conditioned house to get in your air conditioned car to go to your air conditioned job/entertainment.

I live near where the OP is. After 24 hours in Vegas my fingers get dry as crap and I need lip balm/4 litres of water a day/sunscreen/unmasculine amounts of moisturizer to survive in Vegas. Not that it's stopped me from going at least once a year, but the air conditioning doesn't help with the dryness thing. Anyone living on the north east coast of the US will have the same kind of problem - moving from a fairly damp climate to Vegas will dry you out like a raisin.

That said, the real reason OP should not move to Vegas is that he's moving there to find work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2011, 1:47am   #30
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
I live near where the OP is. After 24 hours in Vegas my fingers get dry as crap and I need lip balm/4 litres of water a day/sunscreen/unmasculine amounts of moisturizer to survive in Vegas. Not that it's stopped me from going at least once a year, but the air conditioning doesn't help with the dryness thing. Anyone living on the north east coast of the US will have the same kind of problem - moving from a fairly damp climate to Vegas will dry you out like a raisin.

That said, the real reason OP should not move to Vegas is that he's moving there to find work.
Dry heat is better than humid heat.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote