THE FORUMS


German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Omaha Ring Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:42am   #31
acehole_76
I found Kc...............
 
acehole_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: now bring back northview
Posts: 7,632
Reputation: 2310
acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

@OP if you were the button who bet and how many checked before the bet?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
obviously, it's always my fault whenever anyone does anything stupid around here.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:29pm   #32
darryl
Still can't quit day job.
 
darryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: chicago area
Posts: 1,232
Reputation: 1220
darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default

I'm trying to remember the hand, but when I think about it, I was probably the button. Some one had raised pre and I had called along with everyone else.

Then post flop, it was a couple of checks, villain bets, I think one caller, a couple folds and then action to me in which case I jammed.

-d
__________________
__________________
AFPP Supporter
Supporting a friendlier pokertips.org since 2008
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:59pm   #33
acehole_76
I found Kc...............
 
acehole_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: now bring back northview
Posts: 7,632
Reputation: 2310
acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I'm trying to remember the hand, but when I think about it, I was probably the button. Some one had raised pre and I had called along with everyone else.

Then post flop, it was a couple of checks, villain bets, I think one caller, a couple folds and then action to me in which case I jammed.

-d

oh in this case i also like a call..........
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
obviously, it's always my fault whenever anyone does anything stupid around here.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2011, 12:47am   #34
acehole_76
I found Kc...............
 
acehole_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: now bring back northview
Posts: 7,632
Reputation: 2310
acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

if you were closing out the action it is:


small raise > PSRaise
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
obviously, it's always my fault whenever anyone does anything stupid around here.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2011, 1:29am   #35
darryl
Still can't quit day job.
 
darryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: chicago area
Posts: 1,232
Reputation: 1220
darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default

I was tilting at the time, so I think I jammed because I just wanted to go home if I lost. So of course I ended up going home after I lost.

-d
__________________
__________________
AFPP Supporter
Supporting a friendlier pokertips.org since 2008
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2011, 1:48am   #36
acehole_76
I found Kc...............
 
acehole_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: now bring back northview
Posts: 7,632
Reputation: 2310
acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I was tilting at the time, so I think I jammed because I just wanted to go home if I lost. So of course I ended up going home after I lost.

-d

you have identified the problem now what do you do to fix it? I can tell you why I never tilt. nothing matters, nothing you do matters, nothing you say matters. the entire existence of the human race is meaningless. armed with this knowledge how can getting your aces cracked upset you? now this knowledge can itself be enough to anger those who know it but if you are armed with a huge amount of apathy you to can live in a world without tilt.......
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
obviously, it's always my fault whenever anyone does anything stupid around here.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2011, 12:34pm   #37
darryl
Still can't quit day job.
 
darryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: chicago area
Posts: 1,232
Reputation: 1220
darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default

Easier said than done.
Actually though after I jammed, I realized it may not have been that bad after all, hence the posting.

It's strange though, the money really doesn't mean much, but it's still tough to detach emotion from crazy hands. If I were playing for pennies, or even gloating rights, that would probably still happen.

-d
__________________
__________________
AFPP Supporter
Supporting a friendlier pokertips.org since 2008
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2011, 1:25pm   #38
killcrazy
Apex Predator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 10,307
Reputation: 8118
killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
you have identified the problem now what do you do to fix it? I can tell you why I never tilt. nothing matters, nothing you do matters, nothing you say matters. the entire existence of the human race is meaningless. armed with this knowledge how can getting your aces cracked upset you? now this knowledge can itself be enough to anger those who know it but if you are armed with a huge amount of apathy you to can live in a world without tilt.......
this is poison.

if nothing matters, there is no motivation to make good decisions.

Kc
__________________
"Blah blah blah KC is right" - Ozone
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2011, 2:03pm   #39
killcrazy
Apex Predator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 10,307
Reputation: 8118
killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
It's strange though, the money really doesn't mean much, but it's still tough to detach emotion from crazy hands. If I were playing for pennies, or even gloating rights, that would probably still happen.
unhappiness is the disparity between what is wanted and what is. happiness is concordance between what is wanted and what is.

most people wrongly conclude that the path to happiness is found in the fulfillment of wants, since they realise they are happy when they get what they want. except they aren't, because the thing they want will rarely turn out to be as good as they expected it to be, and again there is disparity between what is wanted and what is. the thing that is wanted will degrade from the moment it is acquired and again there is disparity. even when in possession of the perfect object of desire, there is the knowledge that it will degrade or the potential for it to be lost or forfeited and again there is disparity.

the want/fulfillment relationship is a self perpetuating cycle. the want is fullfilled, it makes us happy, so we want more. the want is not fullfilled, it makes us unhappy, so we want more. with each instance, the relationship between want and un/happiness is reinforced.

the escape comes not from the fulfillment of wants, but the elimination of want. what is is beyond control, therefore the disparity between what is wanted and what is can only be overcome by control of what is wanted. one must remake ones mind to want nothing other than what is; to not want.

Kc
__________________
"Blah blah blah KC is right" - Ozone
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2011, 2:08pm   #40
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn
 
Boilermaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: damning whippersnappers
Posts: 4,599
Reputation: 2426
Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
unhappiness is the disparity between what is wanted and what is. happiness is concordance between what is wanted and what is.

most people wrongly conclude that the path to happiness is found in the fulfillment of wants, since they realise they are happy when they get what they want. except they aren't, because the thing they want will rarely turn out to be as good as they expected it to be, and again there is disparity between what is wanted and what is. the thing that is wanted will degrade from the moment it is acquired and again there is disparity. even when in possession of the perfect object of desire, there is the knowledge that it will degrade or the potential for it to be lost or forfeited and again there is disparity.

the want/fulfillment relationship is a self perpetuating cycle. the want is fullfilled, it makes us happy, so we want more. the want is not fullfilled, it makes us unhappy, so we want more. with each instance, the relationship between want and un/happiness is reinforced.

the escape comes not from the fulfillment of wants, but the elimination of want. what is is beyond control, therefore the disparity between what is wanted and what is can only be overcome by control of what is wanted. one must remake ones mind to want nothing other than what is; to not want.

Kc
This is basically just a verbose take on the Rolling Stones.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 5:44am. vBulletin 3.7.4 Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.