THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:30pm   #1
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malika9 View Post
Ok Im very sure this question has been asked before and am really wondering if I will even get any replies... but I tried the search and couldnt find anything so here goes anyway.
search for "books beginner" and you'll find a bunch of threads.

Quote:
So the question is, how can I get started? I never played online so I really want to read something on this type of play, to make money.
the only real difference between online and live play is that you can't see each other, so physical tells are gone, and you rely on betting patterns and statistics to put people on hands. that's pretty much all that needs to be said on this topic.

Quote:
Also what are the best websites/software to use?? Ill probably play a while for play money till Im confident and then try see if I can make actual money from this.
inevitably someone is going to come along and tell you that play money games are an unrealistic measure, and they're right, but it's still worth starting there to get used to playing with pictures rather than cards. having said that stars spread cash games as low as 1c/2c NLHE and 2c/4c LHE and tournaments as low as 2c buyin, so you can start with pretty close to fuck all bankroll and build your way up. also take advantage of freeroll tournaments.

books: at this stage probably any beginner's book written by someone whose name is recognisable but isn't phil hellmuth (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/search-all.php). also include the theory of poker by david sklansky.

websites: al jazeera

software: pokertracker/hold'em manager, although you really don't need to be dropping $45-90 on software just yet.

Quote:
Yeah I know I am a lazy, dreaming, newbie basted with a dream of making money from a game I love, but all those who get their dreams started out as dreamers, so if anyone has any info, please help!
mmm, delicious realism.

Kc

Last edited by killcrazy; Oct 19, 2011 at 7:35pm.
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:51am   #2
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Hey Malika9, welcome to PokerTips!

As is fairly typical around these parts, killcrazy already said it better than anyone else could.

I would practice by playing very small buy-in online games. You can find tournaments with buy-ins of $1 or less at most sites, and cash games where you can sit down with just a couple of dollars and play. Make all of your mistakes and learning as affordable as possible by playing in games where you really can't lose more than a few dollars.

I'd also encourage you to post hand histories on these forums of spots that are giving you trouble. There are a handful of pretty good players in these parts who are usually happy to chip in and help out a new player by telling them how they might have played a hand better.

Good luck and have fun!

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote