THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 09, 2012, 4:50pm   #11
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

not zero for me but i think kc is prolly right
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 09, 2012, 6:28pm   #12
BeluA
yo dafty

BeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond repute

whats about hookers?
BeluA est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2012, 6:42pm   #13
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
we are working out some details. I put in the requirement at least 4 years of college when the bet was made.
this isn't a bet either of you are going to be able to to collect on, you're almost certainly not going to be able to get the data you need without gathering it yourself and spending substantially more than the bet is worth to do so scientifically.

i think that when you made this bet you were operating with a very narrow definition of "guys", to wit, "guys like me".

the four years of college stipulation introduces an enormous selection bias.

the further back in time you go, the more conservative were most peoples attitudes with regard to all matters sexual. similarly, the further back in time you go, the fewer the number of people going to college.

which is to say, you have very heavily weighted your sample in favour of younger more liberal people rather than older more conservative people.

there are additional objections of course, you are selecting for intelligence, you are selecting for affluence, you are selecting for people who at the age of 18 were essentially divorced from their families and moved to a new city where they didn't know anybody, and so on.

Kc
Old Apr 09, 2012, 7:58pm   #14
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Could the 'one' in "one night stand" refer to the number of women rather than to the number of nights? (or rather the not-so-planned sex experience)
Old Apr 09, 2012, 9:05pm   #15
JustinShape
glückssüchtig

JustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond repute

I was backpacking all over the world for lengthy times - so plenty of ONS.
JustinShape est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2012, 9:34pm   #16
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
i think that when you made this bet you were operating with a very narrow definition of "guys", to wit, "guys like me".
Unable to properly illustrate the tone used in the conversation, yes guys like us.

Which means around age 26-30 with our glory days behind, but not too far behind us.

i didn't want to get into sexual orientation or "era"s as you perfectly described.

What is you answer by the way?

Last edited by PocketJokers; Apr 09, 2012 at 9:38pm.
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2012, 9:36pm   #17
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishUltraDeluxe View Post
Could the 'one' in "one night stand" refer to the number of women rather than to the number of nights? (or rather the not-so-planned sex experience)
i'll take that as a no
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:33pm   #18
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I've had a couple one night stands

By comparison i've had all of one girlfriend, and that lasted about four weeks.

Unfortunately online poker players don't meet interesting women that are girlfriend material and age appropriate (lol at all the interesting, single, intelligent women I meet being 37 or 19) that often.

So I take your side on this bet - of my friends i'd say something like 70-80% have had a one night stand, but we're all in the 25-30 bracket which is the age group where one night stands are easiest to accomplish

If you asked a bunch of 18 year olds or 40+ year olds, a decent amount wouldnt have. I'd say most people who were young adults in the 90s and 00s though would have.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:34am   #19
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
Unable to properly illustrate the tone used in the conversation, yes guys like us.
which is obviously a bit different, but still i think the number will be within 1 standard deviation of 50%.

Quote:
What is you answer by the way?
yes i have.

also noting that we seem to be dividing along professional lines.

Kc
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:41am   #20
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
I've had a couple one night stands

By comparison i've had all of one girlfriend, and that lasted about four weeks.
i love it when you leave yourself wide open to be kicked in the nuts like this.

Quote:
Unfortunately online poker players don't meet interesting women that are girlfriend material and age appropriate (lol at all the interesting, single, intelligent women I meet being 37 or 19) that often.
if she's interesting and intelligent, what does it matter how old she is?

another point worthy of mention, one night stands are probably more rare than brief liaisons. it seems much more common for people to fuck a few times and then get bored. a one night stand you have to go out of your way to keep it that way.

Kc