THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:57am   #21
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Truth in that. Especially if you're collecting data in the 26-30 age group.

Most people in college will probably get a number and invariably call that number after being inebriated for hours on end.

Though of course, this is just conjecture and second hand accounts on my part. I think you would end up winning the bet though.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:39am   #22
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
So I take your side on this bet - of my friends i'd say something like 70-80% have had a one night stand, but we're all in the 25-30 bracket which is the age group where one night stands are easiest to accomplish

If you asked a bunch of 18 year olds or 40+ year olds, a decent amount wouldnt have. I'd say most people who were young adults in the 90s and 00s though would have.
a little age bias here??? I just turned 61, started college in 1968, went to Woodstock for Christ's sake..OF COURSE I'VE HAD ONE NIGHT STANDS
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:56am   #23
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjack9 View Post
Quote:
So I take your side on this bet - of my friends i'd say something like 70-80% have had a one night stand, but we're all in the 25-30 bracket which is the age group where one night stands are easiest to accomplish

If you asked a bunch of 18 year olds or 40+ year olds, a decent amount wouldnt have. I'd say most people who were young adults in the 90s and 00s though would have.
a little age bias here??? I just turned 61, started college in 1968, went to Woodstock for Christ's sake..OF COURSE I'VE HAD ONE NIGHT STANDS
I said a decent amount but yeah, but in any case it's clear that the majority of people of post-college age have had a one night stand. I'm average at best when it comes to picking up women but even i've had a few.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:37am   #24
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of

Quote:

I said a decent amount but yeah, but in any case it's clear that the majority of people of post-college age have had a one night stand. I'm average at best when it comes to picking up women but even i've had a few.
You seem to be assuming that the people who haven't had one night stands have tried and failed, rather than having not tried to have one. I suspect the second group is a minority but I wonder how much of a minority we are.
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:38am   #25
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
I said a decent amount but yeah, but in any case it's clear that the majority of people of post-college age have had a one night stand.
no. see earlier objections.

Kc
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:39pm   #26
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Great thread. KC's point about how one night stands are more rare than brief liasons is a good one. I also tend to agree that between the religious, boring, and social outcasts, it's fair to say that less than 50% have had what would be classified as a true "one night stand".

LOL at BeluA asking if hookers count. Obv they shouldn't.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:48pm   #27
BeluA
yo dafty

BeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond repute

why not? they deliver a professional one night stand

fucking a stranger once is the key definition of an one night stand.. so I don't see the problem

paying a prostitute is like buying expensive drinks for a bitch you are hoping to fuck
BeluA est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:26pm   #28
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
You seem to be assuming that the people who haven't had one night stands have tried and failed, rather than having not tried to have one. I suspect the second group is a minority but I wonder how much of a minority we are.
why wouldn't you try?
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:28pm   #29
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeluA View Post
why not? they deliver a professional one night stand

fucking a stranger once is the key definition of an one night stand.. so I don't see the problem

paying a prostitute is like buying expensive drinks for a bitch you are hoping to fuck
One takes a certain amount of effort. Don't tell me drinks cost more in Germany than hookers.
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:33pm   #30
BeluA
yo dafty

BeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond repute

hard to call

since paying drinks doesn't 100% result into having sex

paying a hooker does

so I guess its kinda even (hooker ~100€ /30min decent looking)
BeluA est déconnecté   Reply With Quote