THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:08pm   #21
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
eh... i don't buy hype unless the guy earned it. he didn't have many carries in college. And why is that if he is so good?

seems like the best you could hope for is Jamaal Charles

He had a tendency to get hurt unfortunatly and 3/4 of Jamall Charles would be a hell of an addition to the weapons the Pats already have.

All I'm really looking for is an explosive Kick off and punt returner.
Give Brady consistantly good field position and he'll know what to do with it
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:53pm   #22
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

kick returns don't exist hardly anymore. Punt returns are the only thing to get excited about. and that is pretty lame
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:55am   #23
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
kick returns don't exist hardly anymore. Punt returns are the only thing to get excited about. and that is pretty lame

Well if you are as loaded as the Pats are everywhere else you'll have to forgive me if I get excited about a return man
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:14am   #24
bluesjack9
Professional

Quote:
hey blues are you starting to freak out that brady is getting old? i mean your team has only been relevant since he has led them. Not like i am one to talk but you know the days are getting shorter...
BUMP

If the Patriots don't shore up the offensive line Brady will be getting old in a hurry...and I don't mean he will age like fine wine either
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:28pm   #25
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjack9 View Post
Quote:
hey blues are you starting to freak out that brady is getting old? i mean your team has only been relevant since he has led them. Not like i am one to talk but you know the days are getting shorter...
BUMP

If the Patriots don't shore up the offensive line Brady will be getting old in a hurry...and I don't mean he will age like fine wine either
I like where he claimed he was holding on to the ball too long in an attempt not to throw his crap line under the bus (hint, getting pressure before you complete your back-peddle would strongly undermine your claims that it was your fault).
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:19pm   #26
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

eh... the good QBs make their offensive line look better than they really are.

Really, when was the last time you saw an average or below average QB with all day to throw?
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:24pm   #27
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
eh... the good QBs make their offensive line look better than they really are.

Really, when was the last time you saw an average or below average QB with all day to throw?
This is where I insert a snarky comment about Tim Tebow.
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:22am   #28
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Right. Since the fucking NHL has decided it doesn't want to exist any more I'm going to see if I can get into this football nonsense, and you guys are going to help me.

Every week I want you to tell me which game/s I should watch that week, as well as who the key players are and what cool things I should anticipate their doing. Every Monday I will show up with a list of stupid questions which you will answer, doing so honestly no less than 50% of the time.

Does the forum have a Steelers fan yet? If not I will be the Steelers fan. Go Steelers. If there is already a Steelers fan, I challenge you to an original Isleys chipped chopped ham eating contest. Chipping makes it leaner; fresher; hammier!

Here are the things I have learnt about football so far.

1. It is pronounced "FOOTBALL!!!" except when describing the ball which must never be described as "the ball" only as "the football", as in "The Bears have done an exceptional job of handling the football today, Chett"

2. All games must be prefaced by at least 2 hours of pundits who talk like retards in a cliche factory.

3. There's no such team as the Spungos.

4. Ozone has no idea what he's doing and you should never bet on the guy he says to because that guy will fall over the first time he gets within 30 feet of the football and have to go off the field to have his bra adjusted.

5. The quarterback has a pocket, which I assume is where he keeps that little towel he sometimes has.

6. Fuck the Redwings. I'm pretty sure this is important enough that it still applies.

7. The clock is mostly just there for lulz. Sometimes it stops randomly when things are happening and sometimes it keeps running while guys stand around scratching themselves. Someone's grandma got it free when she signed up to one of those home equity release mortgage things and it's been there ever since.

Thank you for your assistance fellow football fans.

Kc
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:58am   #29
bluesjack9
Professional

[quote=killcrazy;10055717. The clock is mostly just there for lulz. Sometimes it stops randomly when things are happening and sometimes it keeps running while guys stand around scratching themselves.

Kc[/quote]

Welcome, I hope we can win you over to "American Football" but I've got to laugh at this comment. In American football at least you know the game is over when the clock hits zero

Pats Baltimore game Sunday night should be a good one. Big revenge game for the Ravens at home
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:48am   #30
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjack9 View Post
"American Football"
Nono, you see, I've figured this out. There is no ambiguity here. in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America we have "football", and in North America you have "FOOTBALL!!!". two completely different words.

Quote:
In American football at least you know the game is over when the clock hits zero
Well I assumed that was the case but I certainly wouldn't take it for granted.

What happens if you do have a tie? Both teams get half the match points in a regular season game and overtime in the playoffs? Or do you play four on four for five minutes so your stars can get injured and then have some kind of farcical shootout?

Kc