THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:02am   #1
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough
Default Hi... new inisights..

Hello friends, it's been a while. Let me start by saying I've got poker all wrong this past year. Tell me what you think of some new observations I've made.

I see there have been many replies in the final deposit thread and, I actually don't want to read them yet because of my previous outlook.

I've noticed a difference in how well I do in a tournament with the basic strategy alteration:

-I fold more hands preflop now. I play a hand according to the time left in a particular level. Sometimes I wont play a hand for an entire level.
-When I do decide to play a hand, and this includes all hands in my range, I "open for a raise."
-The raise number usually never exceeds 3x, just a little under USUALLY. What I mean is, for example I played a hand where i had AA in the BB, with 5 limpers behind, I believe blinds were 30/60. I raised to 490, well it gets complicated but I played it well and won max. Basically like I was paying close attention to the stack sizes of the limpers. I had the most at the table so I could make big raises. A couple of them had 500 left, and one had 2.5 k, I had watched him limp 10-15 pots before realizing he was very loose/call station. So limped to BB, I raise, several people with chips left call, then the 500 stack goes all in. That's what I wanted, so I could 5 bet I guess. I wanted to keep rerasing preflop in an effort to try and tell people I am very strong, but no one ever listens. Often I try and keep pot sizes medium at most, even if Im certain I have the winning showdown hand. But often people will call value bets on the river thinking I'm bluffing which is funny.

I'll never forget one thing KC said: " You don't have the cards to call a raise."

Raising also adds deceptive qualities to the hand post flop if you connect in some way in my opinion. If after folding for 3 minutes you decide to play 24 off in late position with 3 callers behind, you raise. Let's say blinds are 100/200 I make raise in that level 280 or 270. I Raise with the 24 simply because I haven't played in a while, and I feel like the limpers are more likely to call based on experience.

Up until now I"ve always called. Call call call limp call call call. And only raise when I have the nut hand when all the cards are dealt. Now I'm betting the flop with nothing and everything to extract value. I'll bet the flop with ace high on a King high board and catch and ace on the turn and the opponent has no clue because he has the king.

Also, I spectated some poker maximus tournaments on RPM and saw that they lasted 8 hours. On top of that they had 12 minute blinds, so if the tournament is that long you don't need to call pot sized bets on a gutshot draw.

Another hand example. JT on button with 4 limpers behind, blinds 10/20, I raise to 190, and anxiously observe 3 of 4 limpers call thsi enomreous raise. Flop is K93. After much speculation from the players behind, it was checked to me, as I anticipated. The board sucked because I had nothing but a gutshot which almost never comes. I definitely planned to check in the event it was checked to me because I had already bloated the pot to a nice amount. I check and BOOM, Q hits the turn and I nail it right there. No flushes, no paired board, it was just nasty because I had already gotten a shitton of chips into the pot and even if I bet and folded everyone it was still a sick pot for a straight.
-Which leads to something else, I've also observed that stack sizes determine when and how to play a hand that I pick from my range.
-Also to add when I pick a raise size for a level, I always raise with that bet unless the situation calls for more. For example if I have a top 5 hand and want to eliminate at least a few limpers to strengthen the hand post flop.

Thanks for your input.

I also understand now that tournaments are a very long process. They require a great deal of patience and observation of opponents to win. You've probably been telling me this all along and I was too stupid to listen.

Another thing is a psychological thing for me when I raise. It has its ups and downs, but I think the benefits exceed the negatives. To me, the only thing I need to worry about is maneuvering the flop properly if I miss badly. When I'm ahead I play very aggressively, but also check I feel like I'm against a powerful draw with one card to come. I also find that I'm given more free cards when I've shown strength preflop. To me now it's become about showing strength, and for the most part, being strong.

Last edited by feudallord; Sep 12, 2012 at 8:07am.
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:39pm   #2
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You're on your way.

Tell us when you've played a hand where you managed to surprise yourself.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:01pm   #3
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

What do you mean?

I'm in the bubble in the biggest freeroll they have, its once per day. Blinds are 10k/20k, I have 122k, 3 tables left 30 players. I'd like to make it to final table its 3 bucks lol

Down to two tables now, sitting on 250k. Wish you guys could give me tips on how to make it to last table.

I've made final table with 512k.

Eliminated two players with an Ace, in the top 5 now in 3rd place.

Came in 2nd place for 10.50 unfortunately. I was in the lead too. 8 minute levels, blinds 50k/100k. I had 1.8 million chips lol and opponent had 500k. But I couldnt' hold on and doubled him up and kept going all in preflop with aces and king highs. Got it in with A4 of clubs he called with 89 of spades. I got three aces by the turn but turn was Ace of spades and he nailed the flush on the river.

Based on the blinds, I couldve played patiently and tried to outsmart him but, I had been playing for 4 hours and was happy with winning 10.60 instead of 16.50.

I guess I'll use the ten bucks to play their micro stakes tournies. There's actually a 50 c b uy in tourny with 500 dollar prize pool that I COULD play in, but I'm pretty tired i think im done playing today. Itd be funny if I racked up cash playing their freerolls like this. The first hour isn't hard to beat because people are really bad shoving with Q5 suited with 30/60 blinds, you just gotta wait for top 5 hands and play strong

ACtually check this out. At one point I had 1.5 million, and the other two left had 500k equal just about. I was in BB with 83, they both moved all in, it was so stupid that I didn't call, just because if I got a miracle flop I'd win the tournament right there and it's only 1/3 of the stack. I Could easily steal blinds and get back to where I was. I would have been against TT and K9, flop gave a 3, and the river was an 8 lol

http://postimage.org/image/kzwtxcctt/

Now....just looking at that pic, I didn't even realize till now, I was chip leader. That's the final table, and I had the most chips. How should I have played at this point? I know that's a vague question but try please. I made some mistakes raising with A9 too early and hit a QQ in BB lost 100k. I forget the hands but I managed to climb back and eliminate several heads, 3 I think total. One was a double knock out with the Ace.

I'm waiting on some more bud. I gotta be honest without bud I wouldn't be able to play better. It makes me incredibly patient and tolerant of losses in game, less tilt, and more focus. It might be hard to believe but it helps me concentrate on the game, on the players, on all the details stack sizes blinds etc. Cards, odds, etc. And so I'm in their second biggest freeroll, got 2k atm playing some pots, opening as usual, watching the limpers seeing my old self in them. But yeah I'm not sure hwo I should feel about placing 2nd in a freeroll. Iw ill say that the further you get the players are much better, obviously lol

Yeah just hit 4k, raised it with K9, oh hell I'll just post it to give you an idea of how I'm playing now.

Table '4122910-035' 10-Max, Seat #0 is the button
Seat 9: karvaly11 (850.00 in chips)
Seat 8: \/ariance (1934.00 in chips)
Seat 7: zzzboom (820.00 in chips)
Seat 6: deadsnitch (390.00 in chips)
Seat 5: calluwin (800.00 in chips)
Seat 3: gnslvl1 (865.00 in chips)
Seat 2: ricsiazari (820.00 in chips)
Seat 1: aceswinn75 (4205.00 in chips) - Small Blind
Seat 0: wildw123 (2291.00 in chips) - The button
Seat 4: 420squid (1430.00 in chips) - Big Blind
aceswinn75: posts small blind 20.00
ricsiazari: posts big blind 40.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to \/ariance [Ks 9d]
gnslvl1: folds
420squid: folds
calluwin: folds
deadsnitch: folds
zzzboom: folds
\/ariance: raises 96.00 to 96.00
karvaly11: folds
wildw123: calls 96.00
aceswinn75: folds
ricsiazari: folds
*** FLOP *** [3h 8c 9s]
\/ariance: bets 190.00
wildw123: raises 442.00 to 442.00
\/ariance: raises 1648.00 to 1838.00 and is all in
wildw123: calls 1396.00
*** SHOW DOWN ***
\/ariance shows Ks 9d
wildw123 shows 9h Qs
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3928.00
Board [3h 8c 9s 5s 6d]
Seat 9: karvaly11 folded before Flop
Seat 8: \/ariance showed [Ks 9d] and won (3928.00)
Seat 7: zzzboom folded before Flop
Seat 6: deadsnitch folded before Flop
Seat 5: calluwin folded before Flop
Seat 3: gnslvl1 folded before Flop
Seat 2: ricsiazari folded before Flop
Seat 1: aceswinn75 folded before Flop
Seat 0: wildw123 showed [9h Qs] but did not win
Seat 4: 420squid folded before Flop

Yeah like I moved in on the flop just because of the fact that he simply called my raise, and that I observed him to be very passive and calls pretty much always. So, I ruled out a big pair, because like, if he had a big pair he would've reraised me, most of the time anyway, uhh and fucking I dunno I just really felt like my 9s were strong, and I had 2nd best kicker so. Based on the assumption that he doesn't have a set, or an over pair, then I'm ahead. And if I'm ahead, all in.

Last edited by feudallord; Sep 12, 2012 at 9:46pm.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:06am   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Why the fuck are you playing K9?

They call that hand the sawmill. You know why? Because if you play it big hairy spiders lay eggs in your eyes while you sleep.

I'm not kidding. I have a friend who keeps spiders and owes me a favour.

Right. First thing you do after reading this is google for "mtt pushbot chart"

Download it, print it out nice and big and blu-tack it to the wall next to your computer. If you can't get blu-tack in your hellhole of a country then fuck you; spiders.

Pushbot will cover situations where M = <10 or so. For all other situations (until the bubble becomes a factor), adhere strictly to the following:

In first or second position:

RAISE: TT+, AQs+, AKo

In third, fourth or fifth position:

RAISE: 88+, AJs+, AJo+, KQs, KQo (add ATs in 5th position)
RERAISE (vs 3-4th position raiser): TT+, AQs+, AKo
RERAISE (vs 1-2nd position raiser): JJ+ AKs, AKo

On the button or cutoff:

RAISE: 77+, AXs, AXo, KQs, KQo, QJs, JTs
RERAISE (vs 3-5th position raiser) TT+, AQs+, AQo+ (include AJs and KQs if he's in 5th position or later)
RERAISE (vs 1-2nd position raiser) JJ+, AKs, AKo

Blinds:

SB RAISE: as per button
RERAISE: as per button
CALL (vs 5th or later position): 99, ATs+, AJo+, KQs (include ATo, KQo and QJs if he's cutoff or button)

Everything else in every spot: fold.

This is assuming a standard sized raise; obviously raises >3BB require you to tighten your range a little. This also assumes a 9 handed table, if you have a 10 handed table, then treat 6th position as you do 5th position.

And now the explanation. In your games, after the flop, your opponents will likely hang around unnecessarily with all kinds of funky hands. Any pair will likely get them to the river. Add to this they will do weird shit like fire out nonsense bluffs and overvalue made hands like top pair no kicker.

By maintaining strict opening standards we avoid all those awkward "wtf is going on? oh god spiders, spiders everywhere" problems on later streets. When we flop pairs we are flopping big - usually top - pairs with good kickers. When we flop draws we are flopping big draws; high flushes and nut straights. Or we are missing, making a cbet, and if we don't take it down we are basically done with the hand.

Yes, this is extremely tight. In practise you are going to be folding slightly more than 90% of hands. In real terms, this means that you have played at least 90% of your hands correctly, which means 90% less spiders. In the hands you aren't immediately involved in, pay attention, see what everyone else is doing, and try to figure out what they're holding. Once you can consistently put people on hands we can think about widening your ranges.

This is the word of the Lord.

Kc
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:40am   #5
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

Yo whats good man?

For sure I Mean when you're playing top 10 hands or even top 5 hands chances are you can be pretty comfortable post flop. I do want to reach a point where I can have a wider range than that but it is safer, and maybe more profitable at this stage .

If we're talking tournaments I know I keep bringing this up but in these freerolls anyway no one really ever has a big stack when the blinds are big past 2nd/3rd break, and they usually last around 4 hours. So you could be in 1st place but still only have 20 BB or so. I guess my point is unless you want to survive aren't you forced to play a bigger range of cards later on? To steal blinds I mean. I really feel like blind stealing is really important later on. In my opinion, you do it to give yourself more time for a real hand.

If we're talking cash games, I don't see any point anymore in playing trash hands unless it's the right time. Maybe the 8th time I get 45 ill open have folded it previous times. They'll definitely be gaps, especially against an observed tight player.

Just doubled up 2.50 at lowest stakes, JJ in BB, SB raises to .16c, I shove he calls. Was afraid of a bigger pair or AQ/AK but it was AJ which was great.

Played a few freerolls today but didn't get very far. I'm pretty sure I know why though. Just opening too many hands and betting too much when obviously beaten, like when I have absolutely nothing not even a draw . Just playing bad, Im out of bud and waiting on a new card so I can buy a quarter.

Was gonna call it after double up but decided to try this tight strategy out in 10 dollar prize pool free roll. usually only a few hundred entrants and its turbo so its only a 2 hour tournament. Tell you how it goes. Gonna require a lot of waiting though to get those hands in those positions.

Yeah justseeing people limp limp limp every had annoyed the hell out of me so I started opening more hands and lost. I think im gonna wait till I have bud agn to ply seriously.

Last edited by feudallord; Sep 14, 2012 at 8:43am.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:57pm   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feudallord View Post
Yo whats good man?

For sure I Mean when you're playing top 10 hands or even top 5 hands chances are you can be pretty comfortable post flop. I do want to reach a point where I can have a wider range than that but it is safer, and maybe more profitable at this stage .
good, now do it.

Quote:
If we're talking tournaments I know I keep bringing this up but in these freerolls anyway no one really ever has a big stack when the blinds are big past 2nd/3rd break, and they usually last around 4 hours. So you could be in 1st place but still only have 20 BB or so. I guess my point is unless you want to survive aren't you forced to play a bigger range of cards later on? To steal blinds I mean. I really feel like blind stealing is really important later on. In my opinion, you do it to give yourself more time for a real hand.
by this stage you're pushbotting.

Quote:
Just doubled up 2.50 at lowest stakes, JJ in BB, SB raises to .16c, I shove he calls. Was afraid of a bigger pair or AQ/AK but it was AJ which was great.
didn't we decide to stick to tournaments?

Quote:
Played a few freerolls today but didn't get very far. I'm pretty sure I know why though. Just opening too many hands and betting too much when obviously beaten, like when I have absolutely nothing not even a draw . Just playing bad, Im out of bud and waiting on a new card so I can buy a quarter.
i have to ask, why do you keep talking about weed? is it still novel for you perhaps? it has that "every beer i've ever had is on a shelf above my bed" vibe to it.

Quote:
Was gonna call it after double up but decided to try this tight strategy out in 10 dollar prize pool free roll. usually only a few hundred entrants and its turbo so its only a 2 hour tournament. Tell you how it goes. Gonna require a lot of waiting though to get those hands in those positions.
all internet tournaments are turbos, but you will find you fair better the longer the levels are

Quote:
Yeah justseeing people limp limp limp every had annoyed the hell out of me so I started opening more hands and lost.
spiders.

Quote:
I think im gonna wait till I have bud agn to ply seriously.
great idea. hallucinogens in no way impair mental function.

Kc
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:53pm   #7
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

Lol it enhances it USUALLY for me. Yo cuz weed is the best man thats why.

Alright so I just woke up, feeling fresh and revived. I signed up for that same tourny I won 10.50 at, see how deep I get completely sober. I'm gonna try again to follow your tight strat, and if I get deep then I'll widen the range. Otherwise I just might tilt having not made an opponent fold with bets and give up lol.

My card is supposed to arrive today in the mail in which case I can cop my quarter and play these freerolls all weekend.

We did agree to stick to tournys but I lost 10c in rebuys to the freeroll out of tilt and needed to get that back. Instead I waited for BB, got JJ in the first hand, and doubled lol. Waited another round for a strong hand before hitting the blinds but it didn't come, so I just left. Would be funny if I made another deep run today in this one. Ironically I was sober when I hit 2nd that day and dont forget I had an enormous chip lead over my opponent but was too tired to play seriously. I just wanted him gone so I could win lol.

You're telling me you don't smoke up dude??? Come on you're like a math wiz how do you not smoke

And oh yeah just wanted to say again that in my final deposit thread I was whining alot in earlier posts because I essentially didn't have the patience or the right strategy to play tournaments, or poker in general for that matter. After spectating that 14 minute level tournament I made some important observations. In that tournament I never saw anyone limp a hand lol, it was always open fold fold fold, open 3bet fold, open 3bet flat, etc. And it just makes more sense that way. Sometimes I limp but very reluctantly now.

Like I said I don't have much in the merge account at this point from my 150 deposit, but I'm most likely going to put 100 in maybe in a few weeks, probably at the end of the month, sooner if for some reason I bust the 12.95 Iv'e got in the bet online acct from freeroll winnings/JJ double up. I don't think that'll happen this time around as long as I just keep playing freerolls and shying away from the cash tables. I'm also going to play their real buy in tournaments but micro stakes obviously, 25c-50c buy in. First is usually 20-30 bucks which is chill, and only 100 players usually.

Have a good weekend people

Grrrr, Yeah I was just rereading the tight strat as a kind of prework out tourny just started, and I see you have no included 23 suited anywhere!!! :-P

Lol it's all good, I'm gonna fold everything else in those spots, as long as I can that is. However if I observe a player to be loose and limping alot, I'll raise with something like 67 suited. Reasons are because if he misses I'll most likely be able to win the pot with a bet, and if I pick up some kind of draw ill get tons of free cards most liekly because loose players are usually passive. Otherwise I'll do my best to stick to it and see what happens.

Well gddamit that was short lived lol. Had AQs in the BB, there was this really bad player in first who had gone all in with Ace Trey off suit, an Ace King suited call, and the A3 caught running cards for a flush, with the K of hearts as a turn. So this guy was really bad. Then he limped the next pot as did another person in mid position, flop was KQx, the bad player checks, mid position bets 20, call. Same thing on the turn, then the bad player moves all in into a 300 pot or so, and the mid position calls and shows KQ. So then the next hand I get AQ and he shoves, BUT that same middle player who I saw to have a strong hand called. That should've been an indication for me to fold. If I was baked I would've folded ;), and also because when I'm stoned I want to play the full 4 hours whereas when I'm sober its just kind of like eh, and so I don't want to get involved in any kind of races even with a pretty hand like AQ of hearts because the blinds are so tiny anyway. I'd rather play a flop with that hand with a couple of limpers and catch a Ac 7h 2h flop.

Betonline has freerolls every hour which is cool I guess despite all their other negatives so, I'll b playin later on when I get some shit done.

Last edited by feudallord; Sep 14, 2012 at 5:13pm.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:47pm   #8
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feudallord View Post
I'm gonna try again to follow your tight strat, and if I get deep then I'll widen the range.
No. Doesn't matter how deep you are. If you are short enough to pushbot, follow that chart to the letter. If you are deeper than that, follow my ranges.

Whats the point of building a healthy stack playing solid tight poker only to piss it up the wall playing 97s?

Quote:
My card is supposed to arrive today in the mail in which case I can cop my quarter and play these freerolls all weekend.
what card? your gay card? i didn't think those actually existed.

Quote:
We did agree to stick to tournys but I lost 10c in rebuys to the freeroll out of tilt and needed to get that back.
there you go with this again. needed to get it back. never chase lost money.

Quote:
Instead I waited for BB, got JJ in the first hand, and doubled lol. Waited another round for a strong hand before hitting the blinds but it didn't come, so I just left.
worked out this time. what happened if you lost that hand? are you going to sit there all night dumping buyins hoping to martingale your way out? the number of times i've seen people blow three weeks benefit money trying to get even is ridiculous.

Quote:
You're telling me you don't smoke up dude??? Come on you're like a math wiz how do you not smoke
i value mindfulness.

i used to smoke, but i found that meditation was far more effective at stripping out the unwanted noise and it didn't take the edge off my intellect.

Quote:
And oh yeah just wanted to say again that in my final deposit thread I was whining alot in earlier posts because I essentially didn't have the patience or the right strategy to play tournaments, or poker in general for that matter. After spectating that 14 minute level tournament I made some important observations. In that tournament I never saw anyone limp a hand lol, it was always open fold fold fold, open 3bet fold, open 3bet flat, etc. And it just makes more sense that way. Sometimes I limp but very reluctantly now.
with the strategy you should be employing, limping is not an option. lead or get out of the way, there is no follow.

Quote:
Like I said I don't have much in the merge account at this point from my 150 deposit, but I'm most likely going to put 100 in maybe in a few weeks, probably at the end of the month, sooner if for some reason I bust the 12.95 Iv'e got in the bet online acct from freeroll winnings/JJ double up. I don't think that'll happen this time around as long as I just keep playing freerolls and shying away from the cash tables. I'm also going to play their real buy in tournaments but micro stakes obviously, 25c-50c buy in. First is usually 20-30 bucks which is chill, and only 100 players usually.
you would probably be well served to not deposit and instead try to build a roll exclusively from freerolls. patience and discipline are valuable traits, cultivate them.

Quote:
Grrrr, Yeah I was just rereading the tight strat as a kind of prework out tourny just started, and I see you have no included 23 suited anywhere!!! :-P
i haven't included KJs anywhere either.

Quote:
Lol it's all good, I'm gonna fold everything else in those spots, as long as I can that is. However if I observe a player to be loose and limping alot, I'll raise with something like 67 suited.
no. this is retarded.

Quote:
Well gddamit that was short lived lol. Had AQs in the BB, there was this really bad player in first who had gone all in with Ace Trey off suit, an Ace King suited call, and the A3 caught running cards for a flush, with the K of hearts as a turn.
i don't care for three way all ins with AQ as a rule.

your first guy is a bit spastic so lets give him an all in range of pairs, paints and aces (22+,A2s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,A2o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo)

your second guy you say nothing about so lets assume he has the spanner's range down and is coming in with something like 88+,ATs+,KQs,ATo+

against those ranges, AQs only wins 36% of the time. pretty thin to be risking your tournament life on. if there's a sidepot between you and the original caller, you're only 50.7% against his range to win that.

Quote:
and the mid position calls and shows KQ. So then the next hand I get AQ and he shoves, BUT that same middle player who I saw to have a strong hand called. That should've been an indication for me to fold. If I was baked I would've folded ;)
what you are describing is a drug addiction. you should know this being a psych grad. seek professional help.

from a poker perspective. recall is incredibly important in this game, the more you can remember about what other people at the table have done in the past, the better your decisions against them will be. weed destroys memory.

Kc
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:37am   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You don't play better high you just enjoy it more and think you do. A few of my friends were the same until I showed them their hand histories from when they were high vs sober and asked them why they did things. The answer was usually 'well I don't know why I flatted the 3bet with 86s there OOP then checkfolded the flop'

If you want to smoke pot, then cool, whatever, it's your life and there are worse habits, but don't play poker high (unless it's freerolls) it's a very bad idea.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:34am   #10
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

Sup Swoop. Kc. What's good. I don't care what anyone says, I love poker. And I'm glad I can tell you that with out the fear of scrutiny. I'm going to do something really stupid. Gonna buy in for the 2.50 and try and play some pots. I won't even go all in prelfop I'll just play real carefully and see if really poker is just a gamble.I'm going to lose some cents in the process but there's no other way to be sure.

Adhering to the strict tightness rule is formidable. It is difficult to fulfill however because of the amount of patience required. Wow, I have 12.85 to play with that I somehow won out of a freerooll.. I 'm really drunk right now, does that mean anyhitng.

Oh yeah. Those people I was hanging out with. Yea I told them if they knew about poker and they all considered it gambling. Gambling is bad, but its not as bad as selling crack cocaine to minors. We are just risking our own money on a game. It's no different than buying a video game and using it indefinitely.

I bought in for 5 bucks at a 10c/25 cent table. I posted blind since I already put in so much of what I had at the table I figured why not deal me in I wann play thats why im Here.

I'm dealt KK.

As badly as I want to raise, I ch eck in firstish position. 4 th seat maybe. In fact. Na fuck it I dont need to post hand. I did win a nice pot though. I flopped quad kings somehow and checked the flop. Turn was insignificant but big stack in 1st position raised 80 cents. As badly as I wanted to raise I flat. get the other head in. Quad Kings is unfuckingdefeatable. Are you fucking kidding me? I'm dealt KK in the first hand and flop fucking quadsa re you fucking serious?

THen I picked up 3s in the second hand, raised 3x pure, got 3 callers, boom A T 5 flop, bet 2 dollars, no way was I Checking, Yeah I just won 2 dollars from quad KK and IM going to bet it to win this fucking pot son. Boom, another 4 .10. What strong fucking plays. In fact im posting the hand history with 3s because lmfao I would never bet until now now iM fearless.

Im triping fucking balls hit quad kings at low stakes whatever i was so strong I Couldn't lose.

BetOnline Poker Game #1066453056: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/0.25) - 2012/09/15 03:03:41 Eastern Daylight Time
Table 'Outlaw (50bb)' 10-Max, Seat #7 is the button
Seat 9: 3fordashow (12.50 in chips)
Seat 7: FAT CAT (16.18 in chips) - The button
Seat 6: jdub77713 (12.80 in chips)
Seat 5: Boycst8 (4.97 in chips)
Seat 3: Kenuck74 (28.26 in chips)
Seat 2: LOCKSMITH1 (52.30 in chips)
Seat 1: Taipanaq96 (23.62 in chips) - Big Blind
Seat 0: fumblebuck (6.57 in chips) - Small Blind
Seat 4: \/ariance (5.00 in chips)
fumblebuck: posts small blind 0.10
Taipanaq96: posts big blind 0.25
\/ariance: post now 0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to \/ariance [Kd Ks]
LOCKSMITH1: calls 0.25
Kenuck74: calls 0.25
\/ariance: checks
Boycst8: folds
jdub77713: calls 0.25
FAT CAT: calls 0.25
MuleHockey joins the table at seat #8
fumblebuck: calls 0.15
Taipanaq96: checks
*** FLOP *** [8c Kc Kh]
fumblebuck: checks
Taipanaq96: folds
LOCKSMITH1: checks
Kenuck74: checks
\/ariance: checks
jdub77713: checks
FAT CAT: checks
*** TURN *** [8c Kc Kh][7h]
fumblebuck: checks
LOCKSMITH1: bets 0.83
Kenuck74: folds
\/ariance: calls 0.83
jdub77713: folds
FAT CAT: calls 0.83
fumblebuck: folds
*** RIVER *** [8c Kc Kh 7h][5c]
\/ariance: bets 1.25
FAT CAT: folds
LOCKSMITH1: folds
Uncalled bet (1.25) returned to \/ariance
\/ariance shows Kd Ks
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4.03 | Rake 0.21
Board [8c Kc Kh 7h 5c]
Seat 9: 3fordashow collected (0.00)
Seat 7: FAT CAT folded on the River
Seat 6: jdub77713 folded on the Turn
Seat 5: Boycst8 folded before Flop
Seat 3: Kenuck74 folded on the Turn
Seat 2: LOCKSMITH1 folded on the River
Seat 1: Taipanaq96 folded on the Flop
Seat 0: fumblebuck folded on the Turn
Seat 4: \/ariance showed [Kd Ks] and won (4.03)

BetOnline Poker Game #1066453523: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/0.25) - 2012/09/15 03:05:41 Eastern Daylight Time
Table 'Outlaw (50bb)' 10-Max, Seat #0 is the button
Seat 9: 3fordashow (12.50 in chips)
Seat 7: FAT CAT (15.10 in chips)
Seat 6: jdub77713 (12.55 in chips)
Seat 5: Boycst8 (4.97 in chips)
Seat 3: Kenuck74 (28.01 in chips)
Seat 2: LOCKSMITH1 (51.22 in chips) - Big Blind
Seat 1: Taipanaq96 (23.37 in chips) - Small Blind
Seat 0: fumblebuck (6.32 in chips) - The button
Seat 4: \/ariance (7.95 in chips)
Seat 8: MuleHockey (12.50 in chips)
Taipanaq96: posts small blind 0.10
LOCKSMITH1: posts big blind 0.25
MuleHockey: post now 0.25
3fordashow: post now 0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to \/ariance [3c 3s]
Kenuck74: folds
\/ariance: raises 0.75 to 0.75
Boycst8: calls 0.75
jdub77713: calls 0.75
FAT CAT: folds
MuleHockey: folds
3fordashow: calls 0.50
fumblebuck: folds
Taipanaq96: folds
LOCKSMITH1: calls 0.50
*** FLOP *** [5s As 10h]
\/ariance: bets 2.00
Boycst8: folds
jdub77713: folds
3fordashow: folds
LOCKSMITH1: folds
Uncalled bet (2.00) returned to \/ariance
\/ariance shows 3c 3s
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3.90 | Rake 0.20
Board [5s As 10h]
Seat 9: 3fordashow folded on the Flop
Seat 7: FAT CAT folded before Flop
Seat 6: jdub77713 folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Boycst8 folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Kenuck74 folded before Flop
Seat 2: LOCKSMITH1 folded on the Flop
Seat 1: Taipanaq96 folded before Flop
Seat 0: fumblebuck folded before Flop
Seat 4: \/ariance showed [3c 3s] and won (3.90)
Seat 8: MuleHockey folded before Flop

I am so drunk/stoned rihgt now that when I suddenly saw Quad kings I felt like I was in another realm. It was like a joke.

Thing was I knew if I checked the flop I had no chance of wining the pot whatsoever. I felt like putting out the 2 dollars I had just won would e a pretty strong betg...

Last edited by feudallord; Sep 15, 2012 at 9:01am.