THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Oct 07, 2012, 9:14pm   #11
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
there. condolences expop, i recommend taking up snooker so you have an excuse to get out of the house next saturday.

Kc
Thanks Kc - if only it was that easy to avoid.

Having said that I don't mind Melanie, Lucy, Ella and Jahmene this year. That is 'don't mind' as in I don't get the urge to machine gun them when they appear on stage, but that's a big improvement on last year.

I think you are thinking of Claire Grogan as 'that thing from the 80s'.

Oh well only 10 weeks to go (and I will manage to avoid at least 3 of them anyway).
Quote:
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 08, 2012, 5:10am   #12
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn View Post
Having said that I don't mind Melanie, Lucy, Ella and Jahmene this year. That is 'don't mind' as in I don't get the urge to machine gun them when they appear on stage, but that's a big improvement on last year.
bookies already have ella even money to win the thing, which is profoundly depressing. it's actually somewhat tempting to bet jahmene at 7/1 with a view to selling him when his price shortens, but the british people do have a history of voting for the wrong person and i don't want to have to pay attention to this.

is it just me or has the standard severely plummeted from the last time i saw it, which would be...about 4 or 5 years ago? might be that the voice ate up all the good singers that fancied a go this year...

Quote:
I think you are thinking of Claire Grogan as 'that thing from the 80s'.
i'm not; she's the thing from gregory's girl, and to a lesser extent red dwarf, but she is close enough that it'll do and i can stop thinking about it so thanks.

Quote:
Oh well only 10 weeks to go (and I will manage to avoid at least 3 of them anyway).
how come dad has to watch this anyway? did you foolishly rule that saturday nights are family time and then get outvoted when it came to decide what to do?

Kc
Old Oct 08, 2012, 5:39pm   #13
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Quote:
how come dad has to watch this anyway? did you foolishly rule that saturday nights are family time and then get outvoted when it came to decide what to do?

Kc
That sort of sums it up - although I am not actively watching I am generally in the same room whilst it is being watched. This comes from having the computer in the main room so that I am aware of their online activity.

Actually I have just realised that is complete bullshit now that they have online access through mobile phones, ipods, school computers, friend's houses and probably 5 other ways I haven't considered. It was true 5/6 years ago when we set the thing up but not now.

So the solution to my problem now is to relocate the computer away from the television.

Thanks Kc - you are a lifesaver.
Quote:
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 6:54pm   #14
BeluA
yo dafty

BeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond repute

way easier is to just ban the tv.. we live in 2012.. so who needs that shit anyway
BeluA est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 7:11pm   #15
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn View Post
Quote:

Kc
That sort of sums it up - although I am not actively watching I am generally in the same room whilst it is being watched. This comes from having the computer in the main room so that I am aware of their online activity.

Actually I have just realised that is complete bullshit now that they have online access through mobile phones, ipods, school computers, friend's houses and probably 5 other ways I haven't considered. It was true 5/6 years ago when we set the thing up but not now.

So the solution to my problem now is to relocate the computer away from the television.

Thanks Kc - you are a lifesaver.
i try.

if it's just something that's going on around you it's surely not too bad though? as a married man with multiple offspring you've no doubt developed your own internal noise suppression system by now.

Kc