THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:00pm   #1
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default NFL 2012-2013 Catch all thread

I guess the only thing in life I care about is NFL and wolfgame (looking at the last 10 threads I have started). I think this is a good place to put all real football discussion for the upcoming NFL season. I know there is nothing to really take from preseason so this might die until the start of September. A

Anyway I decided to post my predictions this year since this forum is dead anyway the extra traffic can't hurt. What I learned from this experience is that I am heavily influenced by last year's results this early in the season.

NFC East
Giants 9-7
Eagles 9-7
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 5-11

NFC North
Packers 15-1
Lions 11-5
Bear 10-6
Vikings 4-12

NFC South
Saints 12-4
Falcons 10-6
Panthers 9-7
Buccaneers 3-13

NFC West
49ers 11-5
Cardinals 7-9
Seahawks 6-10
Rams 5-11

AFC East
Patriots 12-4
Bills 9-7
Jets 7-9
Dolphins 6-10

AFC North
Steelers 10-6
Ravens 8-8
Bengals 8-8
Browns 4-12

AFC South
Texans 10-6
Titans 6-10
Jaguars 3-13
Colts 2-14

AFC West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 10-6
Chargers 9-7
Raiders 7-9

NFC Playoffs
Packers
Saints
49ers
Giants
Lions
Bears/Falcons

AFC Playoffs
Patriots
Chiefs
Steelers
Texans
Broncos
Bills/Chargers

Where do you agree and where to you disagree? I feel like I am probably too generous with the wins for the Packers, Dolphins and Possibly the AFC WEST in general. I might be too low on NFC East in general but I think they are the most overrated division in football. Apparently I really like the NFC North as well. I actually went through each game to assign the wins/losses so everything should actually work out with the schedules.

Also, I am not even a Bills fan but every year I feel like they have a chance for the wildcard and this year I feel stronger than I have in the past several so I guess that pretty much means they are going to suck right? Ryan Fitzpatrick is the key though, if his drop off was due to injury last year like I think than he has a chance to be at the controls of a very explosive offense.

Chiefs are also a team that is stacked with talent with the most serious questions being their QB. I am an optimist by nature and am assuming that he will be able to pull shit together (all they need is Alex Smith production) score 17+ points a game and give their underrated defense the chance to win the games). Charles and Hillis should make for top 5 backfield if they stay healthy.

I won't bore you with my thoughts on the Broncos since I am a fan of them and therefore everything I say on them is slanted towards my deep desire for them to actually be good... What the fuck, this is my thread after so ignore this next block paragraph.

Peyton Manning is fine, his injury is not the concern it is his age and rust. I have been to a couple of the mini-camps practices and he looks fine. Obviously if he get sacked a lot there is injury concerns but the O-line is one of the very few who are bringing back all five guys and who have the skillset to be able to protect a quarterback who can actually release the ball after the 2-3 seconds that are standard. Their numbers don't look that good but those were negatively impacted by the enigma that is Tim Tebow (I am sure everyone is tired of hearing about him by now, especially if you have the unfortunate problem of living on the east coast or watching ESPN regularly). Running backs are fine. Wide Reciever/TE is underrated and I think are better than the weapons Manning had in Indy for a lot of his time there. D-Line is weak against the run, but Del Rio has worked hard to beef up the DTs, great line for pass rush (not in same league as Giants though). Linebackers and Secondary have some question marks. We won't have a problem with Von Miller, but I have concerns that Champ is finally in that year where he is no longer a shut down corner and there is no depth at CB and our safeties are young guys who show promise but who also made a lot of mental mistakes last year.

My Hopes as a fan are that:
the Jets suck
Cowboys miss the playoffs
Vick stays healthy
Randy Moss still has it
Patriots get bumped in the first round.
Andrew Luck and RGIII are actually franchise quarterbacks for their teams
Raider fans don't kill anybody
Lions become greatest show on turf part II
Bears beat the packers both division games
Broncos make the playoffs and don't get embarrassed
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:02pm   #2
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

I was going to make this thread anyway, but without the tag line of all i care in life .

Lock em in Predictions:

Kansas City wins the AFC West
Julio Jones is top 5 WR in the league
Bounty Gate has no affect on New Orlean's season

Hopefully:

Bills don't suck
Jets suck
Giants suck
TO gets cut
Steelers and Ravens finally get old and die off
Joe Buck quits announcing and Gus Johnson replaces him
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:34pm   #3
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJTay89 View Post
Anyway I decided to post my predictions this year since this forum is dead anyway the extra traffic can't hurt. What I learned from this experience is that I am heavily influenced by last year's results this early in the season.

NFC East
Giants 9-7
Eagles 9-7
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 5-11

Flip these two. While the cowboys have talent, their offensive line is so horrible Murray will undoubtedly get injured and maybe Romo as well. They will have no running game and Romo will be forced to carry the team. The Redskins will be better than advertised.

NFC North
Packers 15-1
Lions 11-5

Bear 10-6
Vikings 4-12

The Packers will take a step back. Their offensive line has regressed but their defense will be better. Another 15-1 season is not in the cards though. The Lions are going to be a disaster. They will be fighting for 2nd and fall short.

NFC South
Saints 12-4
Falcons 10-6
Panthers 9-7
Buccaneers 3-13

I am fine with these rankings, although i think you can give Tampa some more wins and take away wins from Carolina. Falcons will be there if Matt Ryan doesn't get hurt.

NFC West
49ers 11-5
Cardinals 7-9
Seahawks 6-10
Rams 5-11

Wrong. The 49ers schedule is brutal and they will surely take a step back this season. i think their ceiling is nine wins. The problem is that might be enough to win the division. I'll go out on a limb and say an uninteresting Seattle team wins it. St Louis has no chance.

AFC East
Patriots 12-4
Bills 9-7
Jets 7-9
Dolphins 6-10

God i hope this is right, and it looks about right. Dolphins will only win 6 if Tannehill plays though.

AFC North
Steelers 10-6
Ravens 8-8
Bengals 8-8

Browns 4-12

This looks good two, except i would give the Bengals a win or two more and yank a win or two from the Ravens. They are only getting older and i think they put everything they had into the playoff run last year.

AFC South
Texans 10-6
Titans 6-10

Jaguars 3-13
Colts 2-14

Too low for the Texans and Titans. The Texans are superbowl contenders and the Titans are playoff contenders. Titans could be anywhere from 7-9 and 10-6. Texans might be the best team in the league this year. The Colts will probably be in the 6-10 to 9-7 range due to their improved offense.

AFC West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 10-6
Chargers 9-7
Raiders 7-9

No way the Raiders win 7 games. They will have a top 4 draft pick next year. otherwise it is a crap shoot between the 3 teams. I like Kc the most.

NFC Playoffs
Packers
Saints
49ers
Giants
Lions
Bears/Falcons

AFC Playoffs
Patriots
Chiefs
Steelers
Texans
Broncos
Bills/Chargers

I like these playoff predictions except for the 49ers and Lions

Also, I am not even a Bills fan but every year I feel like they have a chance for the wildcard and this year I feel stronger than I have in the past several so I guess that pretty much means they are going to suck right? Ryan Fitzpatrick is the key though, if his drop off was due to injury last year like I think than he has a chance to be at the controls of a very explosive offense.

This is true. Fitzpatrick is the key, the rest of the team is now good enough to get to the playoffs. He was injured, but he still sucked. He needs to prove he can stay consistent.

Chiefs are also a team that is stacked with talent with the most serious questions being their QB. I am an optimist by nature and am assuming that he will be able to pull shit together (all they need is Alex Smith production) score 17+ points a game and give their underrated defense the chance to win the games). Charles and Hillis should make for top 5 backfield if they stay healthy.

agree 100%

I won't bore you with my thoughts on the Broncos since I am a fan of them and therefore everything I say on them is slanted towards my deep desire for them to actually be good... What the fuck, this is my thread after so ignore this next block paragraph.

Peyton Manning is fine, his injury is not the concern it is his age and rust. I have been to a couple of the mini-camps practices and he looks fine. Obviously if he get sacked a lot there is injury concerns but the O-line is one of the very few who are bringing back all five guys and who have the skillset to be able to protect a quarterback who can actually release the ball after the 2-3 seconds that are standard. Their numbers don't look that good but those were negatively impacted by the enigma that is Tim Tebow (I am sure everyone is tired of hearing about him by now, especially if you have the unfortunate problem of living on the east coast or watching ESPN regularly). Running backs are fine. Wide Reciever/TE is underrated and I think are better than the weapons Manning had in Indy for a lot of his time there. D-Line is weak against the run, but Del Rio has worked hard to beef up the DTs, great line for pass rush (not in same league as Giants though). Linebackers and Secondary have some question marks. We won't have a problem with Von Miller, but I have concerns that Champ is finally in that year where he is no longer a shut down corner and there is no depth at CB and our safeties are young guys who show promise but who also made a lot of mental mistakes last year.

Sorry dude, i think you are in for a rough season. Peyton is good, even great still. But the rest of your team will let you down. Not only that, but your schedule is absolutely BRUTAL.

My Hopes as a fan are that:
the Jets suck

agree

agree

Vick stays healthy

disagree, guy is a loser scumbag that deserves to be locked up. and he is all ready hurt.

Randy Moss still has it

If he tries, but Alex Smith won't get him the ball

Patriots get bumped in the first round.

I would like that, especially if it is the Bills obv

Andrew Luck and RGIII are actually franchise quarterbacks for their teams

agree

Raider fans don't kill anybody

agree, although i wouldn't mind if the beat up themselves

Lions become greatest show on turf part II

Not this year. too many arrests, madden curse, and another year stafford can get hurt.

Bears beat the packers both division games

probably not, and i hate the bears

Broncos make the playoffs and don't get embarrassed

They might make it, but i doubt they go far. Nothing to be embarrassed about though.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:54pm   #4
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I would love if you are right about flipping Redskins and Cowboys. NFC North Comments seem reasonable based on thoughts about Lions offense which obviously I am higher on than you are.

I think you are low on 49ers:
L @ Packers
W v. Lions
W @ Vikings
W @ Jets
W v. Bills
W v. Giants (Toss up)
W v. Seahawks
W @ Cardinals
Bye
W v. Rams
L v. Bears
L @ Saints
W @ Rams
W v. Dolphins
L @ Pats
W @ Seahawks
L v. Cardinals

I have them feasting on their division, have no real problem with Seattle being better than I have them, which might take a win away if they split but then I can easily see them going 5-1 in their division and 3-1 in AFC East then they only need to pick up 1 to 3 games between NFC North and the Giants to win division. I guess if you have them struggling more through their division 9-7 is more than reasonable though.

Hope you are right about AFC North, and I almost had Bengals winning their division due to my own concerns with age of Ravens and overrated factor of Steelers.

Texans:
W v. Dolphins
W @ Jags
L @ Broncos (Homer pick)
L v. Titans (that one random loss of year)
W @ Jets
L v. Packers
W v. Ravens
Bye
W v Bills
L @ Bears
W v. Jags
L @ Lions
W @ Titans
L @ Pats
W v. Colts
W v. Vikings
W @ Colts

I think this is reasonable but so is having them 12-13 wins. Based on your comments I assume you have them beating the Broncos ,Titans, Bears, and Lions which would have them at 14 wins, and I have no problem with this as well, they are a lock for the playoffs no matter what (unless whole offense goes down with injury, which is possible given history). In fact I am surprised I am not higher on them based on my love for their Head Coach and respect for Wade when he is where he belongs, which is as a def. coordinator.

You are higher on Titans than me this year.

AFC West: Glad to know others understand the threat of KC. Obviously my fan status with the Broncos prevents me from even being listened to on them. Raiders are hard to tell because I can as easily see them going 9-7 as 2-14 depending on their Defense, MCFadden's health, and whether Palmer was or wasn't the worst trade in last 20 years.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:14pm   #5
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJTay89 View Post
I would love if you are right about flipping Redskins and Cowboys. NFC North Comments seem reasonable based on thoughts about Lions offense which obviously I am higher on than you are.

I think you are low on 49ers:
L @ Packers
W v. Lions
W @ Vikings
W @ Jets
W v. Bills
W v. Giants (Toss up)

W v. Seahawks
W @ Cardinals
Bye
W v. Rams
L v. Bears
L @ Saints
W @ Rams
W v. Dolphins
L @ Pats
W @ Seahawks
L v. Cardinals

I question those 4 wins. Remember teams usually beat someone they shouldn't and lose to someone they shouldn't so you can flip a couple, but the 49ers are the most over rated team this year. I feel like either the cards or seahawks will over take them, and coin flip on either of em. The Rams just suck and can't win in the worst division in football.

Hope you are right about AFC North, and I almost had Bengals winning their division due to my own concerns with age of Ravens and overrated factor of Steelers.

Yeah, as long as sophomore slump isn't real which it shouldn't be. hey maybe the browns will surprise us...LOL

Texans:
W v. Dolphins
W @ Jags
L @ Broncos (Homer pick)
L v. Titans (that one random loss of year)

W @ Jets
L v. Packers
W v. Ravens
Bye
W v Bills
L @ Bears
W v. Jags
L @ Lions
W @ Titans
L @ Pats
W v. Colts
W v. Vikings
W @ Colts

I highlighted every loss. The Texans are good enough to beat everyone away. Their defense is good enough to slow down both GB and the Pats. The last game they will likely be sitting their starters so Luck should win.

You are higher on Titans than me this year.

Yes, i am confused as to why you are not. Better QB with a new weapon (Wright) and CJ supposedly back to form?

AFC West: Glad to know others understand the threat of KC. Obviously my fan status with the Broncos prevents me from even being listened to on them. Raiders are hard to tell because I can as easily see them going 9-7 as 2-14 depending on their Defense, MCFadden's health, and whether Palmer was or wasn't the worst trade in last 20 years.

KC has the best roster in the league top-down. They have no holes... except QB. Raiders are a tire fire. McFadden will of course get hurt and the whole offense will land on Palmer Heyward-bey and Jacoby Ford
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:05am   #6
TJTay89
I am a wolf

2011 Titans:
Defense: 18th in yards, allowed over 2000 rushing yards, middle of the pack in every field except for just breaking into the top 10 in total points allowed.

Their defense has gotten worse in the offseason with the loss of Cortland Finnigan and Chris Hope. No way in hell they are top 5 defense this year, and would be lucky to break top 10. Always encouraging when defenses stiffen up on points allowed, which is only good thing going for this defense.

Offense: 31st in Rushing, 12th Passing (surprised me) 21st in overall points.

I am not high on Locker but he has to be the starter by half way through the season in almost every situation. This will hurt the overall chance of them winning games right now (long term obviously it is the right move). Kenny Britt is probably busy getting arrested right now, and even if The Commish decides not to lay the hammer down, I doubt he comes back to early last season form given all his extra-curricular activity.

I don't ever hang my hat on Rookies, old school like that and seen to many studs turn to duds in the NFL, reports are that Wright looks legit which is promising but we will see. Jared Cook has huge upside and could contribute to overall offensive success.

I love the addition of Guard Hutchinson to shore up some of the run blocking issues, surprisingly the line did great last year in pass-blocking which if that stays the same they will at least give their QBs a chance to win.

Overall Rating, Middle of the road. 5-11 to 8-8 is most likely slot where they end up, but it is always possible that if things gel they get 9-7 thanks to weak division (minus Texans).
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:35am   #7
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

Do you just read articles without actually watching games?

First of all, the defense did not get much worse. That is what the stupid media always says. Cortland Finnegan was an average corner that a stupid team like the Rams would over pay for. Chris Hope i will give you. The Titans will be middle of the road on D at least.

The offense last year suffered from CJ holding out, throw out last years stats. He should be back to form or at least 70% of what he was two years ago, Which was tops in the league.

Without Locker and Wright, the offense was clicking even after Kenny Britt was injured, and that was with bums like Nate Washington. The O-line is about as average as a team can get. The D-Line is top half of the league.

So with my simple analysis, the team should be better, their schedule isn't very forgiving though (which this is always just as important as the team itself) therefore perhaps not a playoff contender. They are still #2 and a decent team.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:54am   #8
TJTay89
I am a wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
Do you just read articles without actually watching games?

First of all, the defense did not get much worse. That is what the stupid media always says. Cortland Finnegan was an average corner that a stupid team like the Rams would over pay for. Chris Hope i will give you. The Titans will be middle of the road on D at least.

The offense last year suffered from CJ holding out, throw out last years stats. He should be back to form or at least 70% of what he was two years ago, Which was tops in the league.

Without Locker and Wright, the offense was clicking even after Kenny Britt was injured, and that was with bums like Nate Washington. The O-line is about as average as a team can get. The D-Line is top half of the league.

So with my simple analysis, the team should be better, their schedule isn't very forgiving though (which this is always just as important as the team itself) therefore perhaps not a playoff contender. They are still #2 and a decent team.
I think I watched 2 Titans games last year, saw every touchdown on redzone though . The funny thing is that I have them at #2 in the division and think they are a decent team 6-10-9-7 equals decent not great. If Hasselback and CJ2k are at the controls and play the way they should I lean more towards the 8-8/9-7 area, but from what I am hearing Locker is going to get his shot this year. We shall see.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:31am   #9
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
I was going to make this thread anyway, but without the tag line of all i care in life .

Hopefully:

Bills don't suck
Jets suck
Giants suck
TO gets cut
Steelers and Ravens finally get old and die off
Joe Buck quits announcing and Gus Johnson replaces him

+1 for the hopefullys
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:34am   #10
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

over under for the Lions is 9 1/2, I'm very confident in the under
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote