THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:00pm   #1
Deadfall
Flop Artist

Deadfall is on a distinguished road
Default 10nl 6 max - AQo on the Button

i guess this is probably a 3 bet on the button, but just wondering how you guys play this situation. He seems to be betting pretty
strong here into 2 players, so just not sure how to decipher between Ax, Set, or flush draw.

Villians stats are 26/22 AF 6.0 over 103 hands.

Hand Converted by Ace Poker Drills Poker Training Software

MP: $9.73 (97.3 bb)
CO: $11.62 (116.2 bb)
Hero (BTN): $15.90 (159 bb)
SB: $2.80 (28 bb)
BB: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
UTG: $11.48 (114.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A Q
2 folds, CO raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, SB folds, BB calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.40) 8 A A (3 players)
BB checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20, BB folds

Turn: ($3.80) 3 (2 players)
CO bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

River: ($10.80) T (2 players)
CO bets $6.47, Hero ?
Deadfall est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:52am   #2
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

three betting pre is not good at all give his sizing unless he makes 4.5x with his whole range. Calling is good pre.

I doubt I fold post flop but maybe you could find one after he near pots on the flop 3 way and follows though with a big turn bet. Does not look like a bluff.

I probably convince myself he has worse aces and call down but looking at it in a post its probably should be fold given a standard 10NL nitty regular and the flush card coming in on turn. (and im trying to ignore the fact that given you posted it there is a huge chance you lost)

Last edited by joeyjoejoejr; Dec 17, 2013 at 7:55am.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:47pm   #3
Deadfall
Flop Artist

Ya, the first alarm bell for me should have been that he bet pretty strong into 2 players. But i was kinda thinking he could have some kind of worse ace. But in the end he turned up with 88.

Thanks for the feedback though. I appreciate it.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:25pm   #4
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

$10 buy in players, especially when tight tend to play "make a hand and bet a hand". They don't bluff enough and expect other players to be calling stations when they make a hand.

Your villain wanted to play a big hand. He was never coy and was not afraid of the flush when it hit. You should take trickiness out of his range unless you've seen him make big bluffs. If he had just an ace he would have slowed down most the time when the flush hit. 88 became most of his range as soon as that flush hit. There are so many flush chasers at $10 SHNL that anyone with an Ace something hand would of been slowing down.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?

Last edited by Snaggle; Dec 31, 2013 at 3:47am.
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:31pm   #5
Deadfall
Flop Artist

Thanks Snaggle!