THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:32pm   #1
jimmyG
Flop Artist

jimmyG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a few holes to fill....Kc...anyone ?

Trying to a fix few holes in my game,ok KC quite a few lol and looking for input . What is the average range in defending ones BB ?All stacks close to equal say@ 50,000-75,000, not far into the money and using the $55 buyin,blinds are 2 and 4000 and get min raised from late positions ?.I know it depends on the players but looking for some math. Hard to find info on this one. Any charts ? or sofware?..but really looking for comments. ty
Also have been bluffing flushy flops in early position but get caught @2out5 times, been doing same for flops that show a pair for sometime now with great results .

Also Im playing to tight utg and even folding KQs sometimes and for sure small suited aces and ace rags ... thanks

Last edited by jimmyG; Mar 23, 2014 at 4:34pm.
jimmyG est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:08pm   #2
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

I can say that folding KQ suited or not and suited weak aces is a big money saver cus those shits nearly always miss
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:44pm   #3
jimmyG
Flop Artist

thanks fued but doesnt really answer my bb question....let me throw in same question for button position ...thanks guys
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:19pm   #4
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

If you've made it that far and you're down to say 2 tables my range would be pretty wide for 2x-3x raise calls. The blinds are up and you cant wait around for TT+

Any pair, connectors, and high cards, wide range
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:29pm   #5
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I recommend until you're much better at playing pots OOP have a narrow defending range and a wider reshoving range against players who open a lot. Hands to defend to a minraise are basic suited connector stuff etc

If you're facing a loose opener you can reshove something like A9+ KJ+ QJ+ JTs+ and all pocket pairs and show a profit assuming you have 13-22bb and there are antes in play

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:16pm   #6
jimmyG
Flop Artist

Thanks Swoop ! was thinking along those lines but nice to have an opinion from someone much more experianced. BTW welcome back ! thought you had left the building for good ..or bad lol .

Wanted your take on something else. My observations of late on the evolution of online poker are very skeptical. It appears to me that the game is reaching the "blow off " stage . That is the point of exposure and excitement that signals the top of a cycle . Im seeing signs a froth and frenzy not unlike other manias like the gold craze of the early 80,s or the dutch tulip madness of 1636 and along the same lines as cabbage patch dolls and hoolahoops lol.

Just seems to me everyone and his donkey is playing now and its just a free for all crap shoot scramble for some easy money with no real rank and file or equilibrium . Im also hearing way too many stories of big loses and badbeats which would also be indicative of the same .

Anyway its kind of sad for guys like me and Phil lol ,sorry to be so negative. I would really like your take on this topic since you have been around the circut so much and rank among the best players in the world today.

Interjections from others welcome of course . Thanks

Last edited by jimmyG; Apr 12, 2014 at 8:29pm.
jimmyG est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:31am   #7
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyG View Post

Wanted your take on something else. My observations of late on the evolution of online poker are very skeptical.

Are you in the US? If so, yeah, online poker is pretty dead in the land of the free. Anywhere else pretty much that has Stars/888/FTP/Party etc and it's fine

It appears to me that the game is reaching the "blow off " stage .That is the point of exposure and excitement that signals the top of a cycle . Im seeing signs a froth and frenzy not unlike other manias like the gold craze of the early 80,s or the dutch tulip madness of 1636 and along the same lines as cabbage patch dolls and hoolahoops lol.

lol no. the game is just as healthy as it's been at any stage since black friday

Just seems to me everyone and his donkey is playing now

Why is that bad? More random spastic fish is good. 'Idiots playing 74' etc is the rallying cry of fish complaining about other fish. Exploit their weakness and win.

and its just a free for all crap shoot scramble for some easy money with no real rank and file or equilibrium .

What? Yes, poker players want to make money. Most will fail because that's the nature of the game with rake. The best will succeed. I have no idea what you're talking about re: rank and file no one is entitled to win unless they keep up with the metagame and continue to study and improve. Current me would destroy 2012 me at poker.

Im also hearing way too many stories of big loses and badbeats which would also be indicative of the same .

No, that just indicates that you hang out with people who whine about bad beats and/or people who are fish who do not realise they are fish

Anyway its kind of sad for guys like me and Phil lol ,sorry to be so negative.

Phil who, Ivey? Hellmuth? If they are falling down the totem pole it's either because they're not keeping up with the modern game and learning to adapt, or they're going through a downswing or some combination

I would really like your take on this topic since you have been around the circut so much and rank among the best players in the world today.

I'm on a 25k downswing right now but i'm still up around 90k on the year. Yes, variance sucks and is soulcrushing, but upswings are cool too. I made 150k last year in gross profit. I'm an MTTer which is the lowest tier of poker pro. Granted i'm pretty good at what I do but there is still money in poker.

Interjections from others welcome of course . Thanks

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:47am   #8
jimmyG
Flop Artist

oyyy thanks Oli ... all the stuff i wanted to hear ...and yes im progressing well and would kill a 2012 me as well ..thanks to you and killer . BTW was referring to helmulth yes ... evolution takes no prisoners. Best of luck in 14 ,and may the game last till the sun dont shine anymore .