THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:53pm   #1
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough
Default "Total Debits:" $2,453

Sup DUDES haha. Thank god its friday right. I read through your relevant response KC in my other thread, it obviously hasn't sunk in yet but, it sure as hell makes reasonable sense.

So last week I got paid, deposited 50, lost, deposited 50, lost, deposited 50, lost, deposited 50 lost. So I was down 200 by Sunday. Against reason I redeposited, and hit some hands at NL100:

Me: 78 off
Opponent: AT off (in hindsight)

Im BB, opponent is in mid position, he raises 3.50, someone calls, I call.

Flop: A 9 6 rainbow

I check to the raiser who has 100+ chips, he bets like 12 and change, I actually went all in here. Even I admit it's a losing play, and you'll probably reprimand me for saying that I sort of knew it was going to play out like this:

The guy called and the board runs:

A 9 6 5 2

I turned the nuts and had about 114 in chips.

Few hands later table folds to SB, who has 100, and I have a little over 100 with KK, he raises to 3. I 3bet to 10, he 4bets to 22, then I shove immediately. He flips over AA.

Board: 6 K 6 5 7

I have 197 at NL100. It felt really good, because I got a good chunk of the cash I worked for back.

I switched back to small games like NL25, and failed as usual, and then rebought back into NL100 with 50. I managed to grind up to around 75, when I get A9 spades in an earlier seat. I call, someone raises ahead of me as usual, and I call.

Flop: A 8 Q all diamonds.

I check, he bets pot, like 7 and change.

Turn: A 8 Q 9 all diamonds.

I check, he bets pot, 23, I call.

River: Ad 8d Qd 9d 9 of clubs

Don't really need to go into much detail in what was going through my head from flop to river, other than that I assumed the guy mustve either flopped a high flush or at least turned it, in which case I take his stack if I river a winning boat. Literally, as soon as the 9 was peeled I shoved, like within a second. He took about half a minute, but called, and I doubled my money again.

These were the main big hands that got me my cash back. But that's just it. I'm sick of losing money and then winning it back, and it's always the same process: success at big game, lose all the winnings at small game, go back to big game, reclaim lost money from small game, over and over again.

So referring back to the topic, the site im playing on keeps track of all transactions, and it says that the amount of money I've won and lost over the past few days totals to 2453.

I seek an explanation to the reason of this, and just how in the hell do I minimize those losses so that the wins are greater? I guess that's the key to winning in poker a basic question oh well.

Concluding this story, I have a pending withdrawal for 200 that I should get by Monday next week, and 63 bones in my poker account.

Now I have 63 bones to play with when I get back home, and I won nearly all my money back which I can't describe to you how satisfying it is, and even though I still haven't managed to turn a profit, I believe I've gained some valuable experience points from the 2k hands or so I've played in the past week.

Something else that I found interesting that you said that might tie into the whole win/loss thing, is this whole notion of playing for a certain amount of time as opposed to fixating on winning huge pots. The 63 I have left is the product of a 50 buy in at NL100 and btw, 50 is a big enough stack at NL100 in my opinion. It's 50 BB for one thing, and isn't the saying that less than 30 is danger zone? Also, I was losing my stack quickly calling 4-5 dollar preflop raises within my first 10 hands, trying to force it and push my luck so I could win fast and just cashout. I was down to 10 chips at one point, and somehow crawled back to 63 over about 100 hands. I looked at my stats, and it said out of those 100 hands, and that nearly hour of play, I only had the best hand at showdown 10 times. Good lord that's only 10%, I'm playing way more hands than I should be. Anyway, obviously once I hit 50 again from 10 I slowed down tremendously and ended up only playing like high pairs, and non surprisingly almost always took down like a 10-20 dollar pot with it. And what I noticed was that as long as I kept folding, the blinds didn't really hurt a 50 stack that much at those stakes, which is another thing I pointlessly fixate on especially when I come in short/semi short.

Have to cut it short for now too many managers walking around but if theres a 10k guaranteed running tonight ill buy into that for 20, and play the rest at cash tables most likely

Last edited by feudallord; Oct 18, 2013 at 6:06pm.
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:57pm   #2
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

KC, lemme see if I can summarize the points:

Nuclear would probably be lighter than conventional, but would be longer term due to the new development work required. It could also potentially be cheaper longer term.

Magnets are the bomb

Space Elevator would make space travel much cheaper but is a long way off.

Feudallord is still results oriented.

Sending people to Mars is more for publicity than scientific merit.

As a general rule, retail soup is terrible compared to food service.

Any guesses as to how close we are to practical fusion energy and if it would be portable?

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:08pm   #3
JerkyJerk
River Rat

JerkyJerk is a jewel in the roughJerkyJerk is a jewel in the roughJerkyJerk is a jewel in the rough

and u guys are asking yourself why pt is dead?
JerkyJerk est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:11pm   #4
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
KC, lemme see if I can summarize the points:

Nuclear would probably be lighter than conventional, but would be longer term due to the new development work required. It could also potentially be cheaper longer term.

Magnets are the bomb

Space Elevator would make space travel much cheaper but is a long way off.

Feudallord is still results oriented.

Sending people to Mars is more for publicity than scientific merit.

As a general rule, retail soup is terrible compared to food service.

Any guesses as to how close we are to practical fusion energy and if it would be portable?

-d
Lol, come on now
Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:43pm   #5
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I think I summed up your post fairly well. You are results oriented.

You must make decisions based on the long term results. If you keep playing the high stakes, you will always lose in the long term.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:02am   #6
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

its a super addictive game.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 3:19pm   #7
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Your hand histories always read like bad pulp novels written by an addict on a bender and not like the ones from a guy that sincerely wants to understand the game and get better at it.
balthazarr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:42pm   #8
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

Understood, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Went to sleep after that.

Last edited by feudallord; Oct 19, 2013 at 9:52pm.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 3:27pm   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Any guesses as to how close we are to practical fusion energy
about 150000000 km

Quote:
and if it would be portable?
question is invalid. you don't need a generator in all of your devices to power them, you just need an electricity grid and cells that can be charged from it. we have those. bob's your aunty's special friend.

Kc
Old Oct 20, 2013, 4:28pm   #10
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by feudallord View Post
Sup DUDES haha. Thank god its friday right. I read through your relevant response KC in my other thread, it obviously hasn't sunk in yet but, it sure as hell makes reasonable sense.
Where have all the good men gone,

Quote:
So last week I got paid, deposited 50, lost, deposited 50, lost, deposited 50, lost, deposited 50 lost. So I was down 200 by Sunday. Against reason I redeposited, and hit some hands at NL100:
And where are all the Gods?

Quote:
Me: 78 off
Where's the streetwise Hercules

Quote:
Opponent: AT off (in hindsight)
To fight the rising odds?

Quote:
Im BB, opponent is in mid position, he raises 3.50, someone calls, I call.
Isn't there a white knight

Quote:
Flop: A 9 6 rainbow
Upon a firey steed?

Quote:
I check to the raiser who has 100+ chips, he bets like 12 and change, I actually went all in here. Even I admit it's a losing play, and you'll probably reprimand me for saying that I sort of knew it was going to play out like this:
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need!

Quote:
The guy called and the board runs:
I need a hero!

Quote:
A 9 6 5 2
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night!

Quote:
I turned the nuts and had about 114 in chips.
He's gotta be strong!

Quote:
Few hands later table folds to SB, who has 100, and I have a little over 100 with KK, he raises to 3. I 3bet to 10, he 4bets to 22, then I shove immediately. He flips over AA.
And he's gotta be fast!

Quote:
Board: 6 K 6 5 7
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight!

Quote:
I have 197 at NL100. It felt really good, because I got a good chunk of the cash I worked for back.
I need a hero!

Quote:
I switched back to small games like NL25, and failed as usual, and then rebought back into NL100 with 50.
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light!

Quote:
I managed to grind up to around 75, when I get A9 spades in an earlier seat. I call, someone raises ahead of me as usual, and I call.
He's gotta be sure!

Quote:
Flop: A 8 Q all diamonds.
And it's gotta be soon!

Quote:
I check, he bets pot, like 7 and change.
And he's gotta be larger than life!

Quote:
Turn: A 8 Q 9 all diamonds.
Somewhere after midnight,

Quote:
I check, he bets pot, 23, I call.
In my wildest fantasy.

Quote:
River: Ad 8d Qd 9d 9 of clubs
Somewhere just beyond my reach

Quote:
Don't really need to go into much detail in what was going through my head from flop to river, other than that I assumed the guy mustve either flopped a high flush or at least turned it, in which case I take his stack if I river a winning boat.
There's someone reaching back for me.

Quote:
Literally, as soon as the 9 was peeled I shoved, like within a second.
Racing on the thunder,

Quote:
He took about half a minute, but called, and I doubled my money again.
And rising with the heat.

Quote:
These were the main big hands that got me my cash back.
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet!

Quote:
But that's just it.
I need a hero!

Quote:
I'm sick of losing money and then winning it back, and it's always the same process:

Quote:
success at big game, lose all the winnings at small game, go back to big game, reclaim lost money from small game, over and over again.
He's gotta be strong!

Quote:
So referring back to the topic, the site im playing on keeps track of all transactions, and it says that the amount of money I've won and lost over the past few days totals to 2453.
And he's gotta be fast!

Quote:
I seek an explanation to the reason of this, and just how in the hell do I minimize those losses so that the wins are greater?

Quote:
I guess that's the key to winning in poker a basic question oh well.
I need a hero!

Quote:
Concluding this story, I have a pending withdrawal for 200 that I should get by Monday next week, and 63 bones in my poker account.

Quote:
Now I have 63 bones to play with when I get back home, and I won nearly all my money back which I can't describe to you how satisfying it is, and even though I still haven't managed to turn a profit, I believe I've gained some valuable experience points from the 2k hands or so I've played in the past week.
He's gotta be sure!

Quote:
Something else that I found interesting that you said that might tie into the whole win/loss thing, is this whole notion of playing for a certain amount of time as opposed to fixating on winning huge pots.
And it's gotta be soon!

Quote:
The 63 I have left is the product of a 50 buy in at NL100

Quote:
and btw, 50 is a big enough stack at NL100 in my opinion.
HIGHWAY TO THE

Quote:
It's 50 BB for one thing, and isn't the saying that less than 30 is danger zone?
DANGER ZONE!!

Quote:
Also, I was losing my stack quickly calling 4-5 dollar preflop raises within my first 10 hands, trying to force it and push my luck so I could win fast and just cashout.
RIGHT INTO THE

Quote:
I was down to 10 chips at one point, and somehow crawled back to 63 over about 100 hands.
DANGER ZONE!!

Quote:
I looked at my stats, and it said out of those 100 hands, and that nearly hour of play, I only had the best hand at showdown 10 times.
Up where the mountains meet the heavens above.

Quote:
Good lord that's only 10%, I'm playing way more hands than I should be.
Out where the lightning splits the sea.

Quote:
Anyway, obviously once I hit 50 again from 10 I slowed down tremendously and ended up only playing like high pairs, and non surprisingly almost always took down like a 10-20 dollar pot with it.
I could swear there's someone, somewhere watching me.

Quote:
And what I noticed was that as long as I kept folding, the blinds didn't really hurt a 50 stack that much at those stakes
Through the wind and the chill and the rain.

Quote:
which is another thing I pointlessly fixate on especially when I come in short/semi short.
And the storm and the flood.

Quote:
Have to cut it short for now too many managers walking around
I can feel his approach like a fire in the blood!

Quote:
but if theres a 10k guaranteed running tonight ill buy into that for 20, and play the rest at cash tables most likely
I need a hero!

And he's gotta be strong!
And he's gotta be fast!

I need a hero!

He's gotta be sure!
And it's gotta be soon!

Kc