THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 03, 2009, 2:37am   #1
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about
Default slum it up challenge

$10 into something, I'm thinking $1000.

I'll be doing this on pokerstars you can come and try to bust me my screen name is sharky1975.

I have already started it yesterday and my roll is now at $11.42.

My rules are mostly based on the Ferguson challenge with some adjustments

RULES
1) I can only play 5% of my bankroll on any cash table and 2% for STT's and MTT's

2) I am always allowed to buyin for $2.50 in ring games and I am always allowed to play $1.20 tournaments.

3) I cannot use the Auto rebuy function, but I am allowed to rebuy at anytime.

4) If I double up I have to leave.

5) I am not going to use any HUD's

6) for now I will be playing only full ring tables, this may change as my bankroll grows.

Updates will be made whenever the f@#k I want to make them

***rules may be added or removed at anytime***

UPDATES
May 1st = $1.42
May 2nd = $2.04
May 3rd= 4.03
May 5th= $1.27
May 7th =$12.42
May 8th =$7.20
BANKROLL $27.78

note: I want to Multi table but I'm not sure if I should adjust the buyin rules for playing more than one table. Suggestions on that? If I play 4 tables with a $2.50 buyin on each my whole beginning bankroll will be at risk.

Last edited by mr blonde; May 08, 2009 at 1:09pm.
mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2009, 9:57pm   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

gl with that

I give it a month until you're bored with a roll of $32 and decide to deposit

(unless you're busto that is)

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 4:52am   #3
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
gl with that

I give it a month until you're bored with a roll of $32 and decide to deposit

(unless you're busto that is)
LOL that's really the challenge I got bored as soon as I started. But I'll keep plugging away and see what happens.

Old May 05, 2009, 2:55pm   #4
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

I've been playing 4 tables of FR, last night's session I was down to $4 but when I dropped to 2 tables I was almost even after an hour. I might drop to SH and play 2 tables until I get to about $20. I know it's risky but raising in a full ring penny game only builds a bigger multi way pot.

Some other things I've noticed, You have to bet the pot when c-betting a missed flop or they won't fold. They will call down most of the time with bottom pair or better.

Weak bets can be raised to steal the pot HU and sometimes 2 way, but that's about the only time to bluff.

Top pair is worth 3 bullets almost everytime unless there's draws. The times I lost with top pair were mostly against 2p with hands like K3, Q4 etc.

Position is definitely key like any other game, hands like AJ and under are worthless unless your on the CU or Button.

I will be bust or at $20 by next week.

Old May 05, 2009, 3:11pm   #5
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

This sounds like the most boring poker challenge I've ever heard of in my life.

You could have at least tried to turn it into a prop bet with people.

I can't see how you can manage to take these stakes seriously.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2009, 3:03pm   #6
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbilo View Post
This sounds like the most boring poker challenge I've ever heard of in my life.

You could have at least tried to turn it into a prop bet with people.

I can't see how you can manage to take these stakes seriously.
Yep, it's definitely a boring challenge. Unfortunately I cashed out my bankroll last year and haven't been playing much until recently. The money I have now is going into my business I started in January so I really don't have any extra funds to reload with. I left about $10 on stars to play Ptips games that's about all I ever used stars for anyway.

So for now, I figured I'd try something like this to keep me somewhat focused so I can take the micros seriously and build a roll to play with. I'm posting results in here to give me some kind of motivation to succeed.

My business + real life expenses is definitely more important to me than the limits I play online.