THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 25, 2006, 8:54pm   #1
Prague
Flop Artist

Prague
Default Dealing with bad beats in SnG. Rid.

I guess none of these are really bad beats, but they are hard nonetheless.

Today I have played in 5 SnG tournaments. Everytime I have been medium stacked, every time I have been way ahead, on my final hand, every time I have lost. In 5 straight SnGs.

1. UTG goes all-in preflop early in tournament, folds around to me with AA. I call, everyone else folds, opponent turns over K3s. K3s, K friggin 3 suited. Flop comes KK8. I don't catch an ace, and I am out.

2. I have JJ raise 4xBB UTG +1 preflop, BB calls. Flop comes T64. He checks, I raise, he reraises, I finally go all-in after I decide he does not have a higher PP or set, opponent turns over 99. 9 comes on turn. I am out.

3. I have AA again. Bring in for 2.5xBB, button calls. Flop comes Q97. I raise, he reraises, I go all-in again. He turns over Q2, 2 comes on turn. I'm out.

4. I have AKs. 2 limpers come in. I raise 4xBB. Player right after me goes all-in. Folds around to me. I call. He turns over KJs. Flops a J. I am gone.

5. I limp with JTs in CO. w/ 3 other players. Flop comes JT3. I raise 3/4 pot. Get called by one player. Turn is a 8. I raise the pot. Get called. River is 9. I raise all-in w/ remaining chips(1/4 the pot). Get called. Opponent turns over QT for straight. (MISTYPED, thanks.)

Just bull. Stupidity should never be rewarded like this. All absolutely the worst plays. All win. I feel like God is playing some cruel joke on me. Anyway. I am out 55 dollars and I do not think I can play a lot better.
Prague est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:07pm   #2
Bokunori
Grinder

Bokunori
Default Re: Dealing with bad beats in SnG. Rid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prague

5. I limp with JTs in CO. w/ 3 other players. Flop comes JT3. I raise 3/4 pot. Get called by one player. Turn is a 7. I raise the pot. Get called. River is 8. I raise all-in w/ remaining chips(1/4 the pot). Get called. Opponent turns over QT for straight.

Just bull. Stupidity should never be rewarded like this. All absolutely the worst plays. All win. I feel like God is playing some cruel joke on me. Anyway. I am out 55 dollars and I do not think I can play a lot better.
Umm, the guy only had mid pair (MISTYPE)
Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:50pm   #3
juggalo68
Grinder

juggalo68

Don't sweat it, homey! This shit happens. That kind of stuff will even out in the long run--just keep plugging!

Bokunori's right about that last hand BTW--if you posted it right.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 4:05pm   #4
oojoe24oo
Doyle Look-alike

oojoe24oo
Send a message via AIM to oojoe24oo

Yeh, I just played two back to back 11 dollar SnG's on AP. God truly had it out for me!

-Im dealt 67 suited in the BB and 2 others limp in. 6 7 10 comes on the flop giving me two pair. I bet 100, everyone folds except for one guy...Bets continue as the turn brings a 2 and the river shows an 8. The guy ends up winning with 10s and 8s (lucky river)

-Another hand I raise with A QJ offsuite, the same guy calls my raise....We go at it again...I flop top pair, queens, and I bet....Once again he wins at the river by hitting two pair....

God just hated me that game.
oojoe24oo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 4:22pm   #5
sffan72
Grinder

sffan72

Last night on Stars, $11 1-table SNG, blinds 25/50, 6 left, I'm a shorter stack with about 1200, get AA in CO after 1 limper, raise to 200, SB and the limper call.

Flop comes out: 9c Th Jc.

Limper opens for 50. I freak, overbet to 700, SB pushes, limper calls, so do I (since I was an idiot) and they BOTH flip over KQ for the flopped straight, dumping me out in 6th.

Made me wish I was on some deserted island pushing a button every 108 minutes.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 5:35pm   #6
ALL50
Flop Artist

ALL50

Hands like those mentioned in the thread above shouldn't surprise anyone.
I love it when they try to give me all their chips, but the poker gods won't allow them to succeed.
Cases in point. Got to play a buttload of poker yesterday (wife's out of town) and had the good fortune(?) to be dealt pocket Aces 4 times in about 500 hands in $5 SnG's. Yep, lost three times. Was playing tight, tighter than usual, so I thought a raise from me would get everyones attention. Nope. Here are the hands that cracked my rockets.
K-Q off. Flopped a straight.
A-8 off. Flop, 4-8-8.
K-10 suited, flush on river.
Fun? you bet.
The only time my A's held? Vs K-K; board 4-K-Q-4-A. Whew.
ALL50 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:06am   #7
AverageJoe
Doyle Look-alike

AverageJoe can only hope to improve

It pisses me off when say uve got QQ and u raise 4xBB and someone with 85 suited calls and wins.. and you say to them 85.. wtf. And they go either: Bet bigger next time moron, or.. the favourite... what you talking about, it was suited
Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:59am   #8
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Naw. I tell them that they have good instincts, and then they start playing even worse.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:21pm   #9
patred48
Brunson

patred48

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox31
Naw. I tell them that they have good instincts, and then they start playing even worse.
Yeah I think I'm done ragging on people. It doesn't help and maybe it will get them smarter. Just say "nh" and leave it at that. They'll think those were brilliant cards and keep playing them.

Except for the dummies who don't believe in checking down when it's 2+ people against an all-in shortstack in a tourney/SnG.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:06pm   #10
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

I got blasted the other day for this but I had a nut flush. Screw it. I'll bet that.
jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote