THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:46pm   #11
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Yeah, I was going to say "you played," but I was beaten to the punch with Muhammad Ali-like speed.

I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but you're not very lucky sometimes, TWLLM.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 24, 2007, 6:05pm   #12
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
Yeah, I was going to say "you played," but I was beaten to the punch with Muhammad Ali-like speed.

I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but you're not very lucky sometimes, TWLLM.
LOL. Shad's knew the answer pretty quick - I played on Pokerstars - but I appreciate the effort. I got a good laugh out of that, which is important when things don't go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 6:20pm   #13
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Hey TWLLM I'm curious what you've profited/lost over the course of the last year? Have you had any very long break-even stretches or anything? Any graphs you'd like to share? Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:04pm   #14
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Both of those starting hands were speculative at best. When you hit two pairs, bet the shit out of it.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:20am   #15
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree View Post
Hey TWLLM I'm curious what you've profited/lost over the course of the last year? Have you had any very long break-even stretches or anything? Any graphs you'd like to share? Thanks.
Problem is I haven't got good stats - particularly with Ongame where I havent' been able to get HHs working for Ptracker.

I'm probably break even-ish for this year, actually, just because things have been so bad. But, then again, if i include the WSOP seat, I'm up. But since i played it... can't really count it.

Oh well, it would be way worse if I was trying to play for a living or something. As is, at least I manage the money well enough that I don't have any *huge* downswings. I survived 25 set over set losses in a row before - just have to grin and bear it I guess.

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:40am   #16
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

25 set over sets is ridiculous. Are you sure of that? There must have been some set over straights or flushes HAHAHA. I really do need to get some perspective, I'm upset that I'm break-even for 2 months. Only difference is I work very part time.

Hopefully I'll get a lot of new students in September. Summers are always bad, apparently. This is only my second one since I started teaching.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:56am   #17
KrappyKonnect
Professional

KrappyKonnect will become famous soon enough

yeah, I dont really buy that 25 consecutive set over sets. That seems impossible.
KrappyKonnect est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:56am   #18
TWLLM

well, if it makes you feel any better, the first 3 in the 25 were 1 outers where I had the higher set.

Wait... thats actually worse. LOL.

Quote:
Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:59am   #19
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrappyKonnect View Post
yeah, I dont really buy that 25 consecutive set over sets. That seems impossible.
I really wish I could gather all the Ongame HHs, problem is i was using Java for all those at that time, and besides which, i cant get the DL hands to work in tracker anyway, lol.

However, I did post a lot of them on here, and I still have a lot of the PS HHs I think. I can't show you 25 and prove to you they were consecutive somehow, but I'm not making this up.

If you really want me to post a slew of set over set hands I will. Not sure if that will satisfy you, lol.

Quote: