THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:30pm   #1
Blappo78
Flop Artist

Blappo78 is on a distinguished road
Default Fold KK PF in PS $4.40?

PokerStars Game #12699377833: Tournament #64448653, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2007/10/18 - 12:10:16 (ET)
Table '64448653 13' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: rabid_dog_99 (1080 in chips)
Seat 2: 69slyder (2130 in chips)
Seat 3: Blappo78 (3195 in chips)
Seat 4: Paprus51 (1543 in chips)
Seat 5: Ron Goch (1745 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: mudi99 (1169 in chips)
Seat 7: jimdownside (4828 in chips)
Seat 8: wowcyb (1240 in chips)
Seat 9: Bubbeltwist (5505 in chips)
Bubbeltwist: posts small blind 15
rabid_dog_99: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Blappo78 [Kc Ks]
69slyder: folds
Blappo78: raises 90 to 120
Paprus51: folds
Ron Goch: folds
mudi99: folds
jimdownside: folds
wowcyb: folds
Bubbeltwist: raises 180 to 300
rabid_dog_99: folds
Blappo78: raises 900 to 1200
Bubbeltwist: raises 4305 to 5505 and is all-in
Blappo78: ???

I recently moved to the table and have not played a hand. The villain has been active, pushing the smaller stacks around, but folded to aggression in one hand. If I fold I'll have a stack of almost 2k which is near the chip average but doubling up would put me up with the chip leaders. His first re-raise is fairly small indicating he wants to be called. I remember reading that the 4th raise is always AA (Phil Gordon I think) or should I widen his range to QQ+, AK? Is it same answer at the $22 180-man SnG?
Blappo78 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:38pm   #2
CMBurns
Excellent....

CMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond repute

never ever....

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...0&postcount=44
================================================== =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
CMBurns hast du noch einen Termin frei, nachdem du Phill Ivey gecoached hast?
Ich will auch so eine Art Chuck Norris im Onlinepoker werden.
CMBurns est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:33pm   #3
KevinM11
Professional

KevinM11 will become famous soon enough

I can understand your logic and there is an argument for folding here. The only read you have on him is that he is aggressive. I think though that I would have to call this while having a slightly pained wincing look on my face. In $4.40's this early an opponent could have a much wider range than his betting line indicates. If it were a $22 - 180 my answer may be the same but it is not as easy a call as the $4.40.

Kevin

"take stock of any poor thought processes that may be causing you to lose money needlessly at the poker table." Ozone

"The main reason for me to play poker has always been to have fun and hopefully make a little cash." DK-Molinero
KevinM11 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:46pm   #4
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Given that he has been pushing people around he may be thinking you are pushing back....range has to be wide enough to make this a call IMO.

Look at the math on this, you don't have to be 50-50 to call here.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:50pm   #5
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

In a recent local live tourney, in the last hand of the rebuy period, three players pushed all-in and the player holding KK folded (he wouldn't have been all-in, rather would have been short-stacked, and could only rebuy for $30 at zero chips). It turns out he was up against QQ, KQ and QJ. The flop brought the case K. His cautiousness cost him a ton of value and he eventually missed the money. We still pick on him for that move. He was afraid of AA, which was the whole point of the original push I believe.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 6:26pm   #6
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

4.40 tourney + KK... no
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 6:27pm   #7
vNeumann
VROOM....VROOM....

vNeumann is a glorious beacon of lightvNeumann is a glorious beacon of lightvNeumann is a glorious beacon of lightvNeumann is a glorious beacon of lightvNeumann is a glorious beacon of light

This is an instacall for me in an online-MTT.

In a cashgame I might consider folding KK preflop in some places, but not here.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 6:31pm   #8
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont fold KK preflop in a MTT.... that is my rule, I dont care about the buy in, my chip stack or the player.

Now rules are made to be broken.......the above post is not the time. If I ever break the above rule I will post it on PTIPS it hasnt happened yet.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 6:33pm   #9
Itchyfee
Doyle Look-alike

Itchyfee is on a distinguished road

Say a short prayer, thanking god for the abundance of morons in this world, then enthusiastically hit that call button.
---|@|---------------|---\--------
----|o--o-------------'.---|-------
----\---------------------/~~~---
-----|-__--=========='----------
-----\/--\/------------------------
-----------------------------------
Itchyfee est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:35pm   #10
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

I call but feel worried about it. 5 bet shoves are generally AA, KK, AK in my experience.
Mr Beaks est déconnecté   Reply With Quote